Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , have been thinking at the moment my mistress (02 tundra 4.7) is at 106990 and i believe i have about 15 to 20 k left in the tranny knock on wood . my idea is this , pic up a spare and order up some trd internals maybe . . but want to learn more about our trans . . any idea on where to shop ?
any kits for our tranny's? shift kits ect. . ?
what about changing our torque converter due to running bigger tires ?

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
The best thing to do would be to get an 03/04 trans. from a boneyard. They updated the internals that fixed the issues with the earlier ones. That being said, there are many on here that have 200K and more on the 00-02 transmissions. If it ain't broke, I wouldn't fix it.
As far as "juicing it up", this guy is highly regarded. http://www.importperformancetrans.com/

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yea i wouldnt fix it until it goes just want to save money having a one on the side ready to go when it does so i dont get charged an arm and a leg plus my first born when it does go . . thinking ahead

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
05/06 won't work. 03/04 will. If your truck is a 2WD, you'll have to bolt the tail housing from your factory trans to the new one.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
the truck i just bought has 258,000 thousand on engine, trans, well, everything. I think the slow trans leak probably helped, because they had to keep adding fluid.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
No need to get another tranny ready to drop in just laying in the garage. Unless you are trashing your truck i wouldn't bother. What makes you think it about to go??? any noises, slippage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts