Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I tried the search and since I'm on my phone this is not cooperating. So, I apologise in advance if this has been asked before. I have a 2000 Tundra SR5 2wd and the transmission broke ( I'm thinking planetary gear) mine is stamped 30-40 LE, and a friend at work has a old transmission 30-40LE with a serial number starting with 88. Would a transmission from 88 work in a 2000? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, I tried the search and since I'm on my phone this is not cooperating. So, I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have a 2000 Tundra SR5 2wd and the transmission broke ( I'm thinking planetary gear) mine is stamped 30-40 LE, and a friend at work has a old transmission 30-40LE with a serial number starting with 88. Would a transmission from 88 work in a 2000? Thanks for any help.
Likely if it were not for electronics, your tundra more likely then not, uses the transmission as there speedometer sensor, using that 88 tranny which more than likely doesn't have the speedometer plug would leave you with no speedometer, and that's even if you could get past the neutral safety sensor.
But hey it's worth a shot especially when 3500$ is on the line.
You could always try just replacing the planetary gear but try looking through the Doc below.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts