Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving down the road today and My 00 Tundra just quit pulling. It has no forward or reverse gear. In outher words it will not move out of its tracks. No previous problem. Has 180k. Has a noise around bell housing, like torq converter. any ideas here or is it new tranny time ? Anyone every pull one of these out. Its 4x4 V-8 Auto. Any Help ? Thanks

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It shifted fine. I think TC spline may be stripped. Does the tranny need to come all the way out? Are there some instructional guides somwhere on here to get me started on removal? Thanks

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, Thats interesting, as I have been told all day that only 00 year model would work in 00 truck. I will have to investgate further. Thanks Again

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So do you guys think that is the only difference. I would have to flush coolant lines. Also is there any service manual on line that would help with tranny removal ? Thanks

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, going to pull this tranny out. Does anyone remember if you can hold motor from top and if transfer needs to come off before transmision drops down. Thanks again !!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea Looks to be history, Right now just trying to get it out and need some info, like is it best to remove exhaust behind transmission or leave it on. Also should take transfer case off before trans comes out. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.