Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never mind, after doing a search, I had read that for the 6,000 lb boat/trailer I tow, and having no real hills or mountains to climb, I have not much to worry about.

I did tow the boat from FL-MA with no issue and another 3,000 miles since then, had my transmission fluid changed a few months ago and it was perfect.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi scanguage was suppose to make this. i told everyone don't hold your breath.
i know for a fact it's here. a few people did it. there might be a thread showing you how they did it, with pictures. i am not good at searches.
but i know a few did it, so it can be done.
good luck finding the posts, & doing the job.
gorilla

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find a thread from 2005 but after reading the threads, realized that I don't have much to worry about with the towing I do and where I tow which is all pretty flat and for only 40 or so miles at a time, most of which is highway/2-lane highway.

Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Don't know if the 04 is any different, but the codes posted on here a few weeks ago made the scanguage work well for the tranny temp on my 02. Installation on that was a breeze, and it also does so much more.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yes the SCANGUAGE shows tranny temp for the TUNDRA 2000 to 2004 but, mysteriously, not for the 2005/ 2006

Too bad !

You can call SUMMIT or JEG's racing and get a tranny temp gauge and sensor.

It installs at the radiator ( top hose is the oil coming in from the transmission )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts