Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get the TRD Dual Exhaust on my '07 Tundra, 5.7, DC, slate metallic.

What will i be gaining (aside from the great look) and losing (in terms of performance) if anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rg28ss

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I'm wanting to get the TRD Dual Exhaust on my '07 Tundra, 5.7, DC, slate metallic.

What will i be gaining (aside from the great look) and losing (in terms of performance) if anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rg28ss
Gains...
Looks
Sound
Gas mileage increase
HP (Toyota claims it adds some, but I have yet to see a chart on how much and where in the RPM range)

Loss...
Extra $$$
Quiet Cab (most exhaust upgrades, can be heard in the cab)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This week, I just traded out my dual exaust (that came on my CrewMax SR5)for the standard single. The wife just couldn't stand the loud drone while cruising at 50-60 mph. But then again, we are senior citizens, and need all the help we can get to retain our hearing. As yet, I can't tell any performance changes, but the standard exaust is much quieter. I guess the part I'll miss most is the nicer look - but that is hardly worth the $1K cost of the TRD duals (IMHO).

·
Registered
877 Posts
keep in mind one thing, if you tow, it will be louder. experience speaking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No performance loss that I know of. Maybe a slight gain, no facts or figures to prove it.

What you gain is nicer sound, (yeah it drones a little but I like it)

The big selling point for me was the longevity. Rather than putting an aftermarket stainless system on 3-5 years down the road when the original pipes and muffler rust and fall off, I've got a system that should last the life of the truck. Around here, highway salt turns most exhaust parts into brown lace in a few years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I plan on having my 5.7 with the TRD duals Dyno'ed next time my buddy hosts a dyno day. Ill make sure to post up the results when it happens.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I plan on having my 5.7 with the TRD duals Dyno'ed next time my buddy hosts a dyno day. Ill make sure to post up the results when it happens.
YES please do!!!!!
It seems like everyone wants to know...including me...I plan on buying the TRD but I will do more research before I purchase, becasue there are a lot of aftermarket ones that cost half of what the TRD one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts