Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the scoop on the TRD Dual Exhaust on the 5.7 ? sound good ? any cab noise compared to stock ? much faster ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have the dual exhaust, put it on before i drove the truck so i cant compare it to stock but i can tell you it sounds really nice. unfortunately even at employee price it is near 1k :( i like it alot and luckily i rolled it into the financing deal.... im not a fan of "custom" exhaust from muffler shops where the pipes hang straight out the back but anyway.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hope to be gettin' my TRD system next week. They only had a system for the short wheel base. What I like about the system is the mandrel bends, the fact that it uses the factory hangers and is blessed by Toyota. I've heard it's not too much louder than stock but has a nice rumble. You could possibley get more power and sound from a muffler shop system, especially if they can do mandrel bends. In that case, I like Flowmasters.

Check out this thread 07 Tundra 5.7 Custom Exhaust This thing sounds wicked and flies.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Just had mine installed yesterday. It is noticeably louder than stock but not as loud as a custom exhaust. It looks great and makes me grin ear to ear when I punch it.

My only complaint is some slight drone noise that peaks around 1500RPM, the resonance disappears above 1800 and below 1200 RPM.

When I ordered mine they didn't know which version to order, they kept asking me if it was a mid or long wheelbase. I said "I dont know, it's a double cab with standard bed, go figure it out." Turns out I needed the mid wheelbase version.

They also didn't know the tailpipe kit was a different part# than the exhaust kit. You must have both for the install. If they quote you a price less than $1000.00 installed then they are quoting only half of what you need.

Enjoy the new sound.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just had mine installed yesterday. It is noticeably louder than stock but not as loud as a custom exhaust. It looks great and makes me grin ear to ear when I punch it.

My only complaint is some slight drone noise that peaks around 1500RPM, the resonance disappears above 1800 and below 1200 RPM.

When I ordered mine they didn't know which version to order, they kept asking me if it was a short or long wheelbase. I said "I dont know, it's a double cab with standard bed, go figure it out." Turns out I needed the short wheelbase version.

They also didn't know the tailpipe kit was a different part# than the exhaust kit. You must have both for the install. If they quote you a price less than $1000.00 then they are quoting only half of what you need.

Enjoy the new sound.
I paid $908 for the entire system and that includes shipping

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
When I ordered mine they didn't know which version to order, they kept asking me if it was a short or long wheelbase. I said "I dont know, it's a double cab with standard bed, go figure it out." Turns out I needed the short wheelbase version.
I don't mean to second guess you, but as far as I know, there is a short, mid and long wheelbase. Are you sure you got the short and not the mid?

Short = Reg cab std bed
Mid = reg cab long bed, D cab std bed, crewmax
Long = D cab long bed

That is how I understand it. Do you happen to have the part numbers for the dual exhuast parts? I could confirm it that way.

TRD>Exhaust Parts and Accessories for 2007 Toyota Tundra

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Cooper S, $908 installed??? I paid $1225

mxsjw,
1 PT400-34074 Dual Exhaust V8MD5.7 $675.00
1 PT400-34073 Dual EX TAIL PIPE KIT $375.00

labor was 175.50

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
mxsjw,
1 PT400-34074 Dual Exhaust V8MD5.7 $675.00
1 PT400-34073 Dual EX TAIL PIPE KIT $375.00

labor was 175.50
Yes, that is the "Mid" wheelbase exhaust.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
lol, the parts guy at my dealership didn't speak very good english. He probably meant I needed the shorter of the two that popped up on his computer.

Thanks for the correction mxsjw, I will try to update my first post so I don't confuse anyone else reading this thread.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I will try to update my first post so I don't confuse anyone else reading this thread.
Good Idea, I wish cooper would give up his source. I need to get mine ordered in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ifin yas care to do eBay, there is what appears to be a dealer sellin' them for $945+$35 for shipping. Still not as good as coopers price, though.

Part#PT400-34074 5.7L Muffler kit plus PT400-34073 KIT LIST FOR $1065.00

HMMM! have you checked this thread out?

Tundra Solutions Forums > General Forums > Classifieds 25% off all toyota parts for all TS Members!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Cooper, where did you order it from? Let us know your secret.
I have posted this before but since I don't mind helping out anyone on this site I will post again.

I purchased the exhaust and tailpipe kit from Toyota Tundra Parts and Accessories Store : Toyota Tundra Accessories and Toyota Tundra Parts<BR>TOLL FREE 800.920.8606 - it looks like the price has gone up a wee little bit since I bought it but its still better than getting it from your local stealer....err dealer.

I was charged $80 to install it. There are several sites that sell genuine toyota parts and for the most part there prices are the same give or take $5 - $10. Just pay attention to the shipping on the larger items.

Hope that helps!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Thanks cooper, I had just found that website a few minutes before you posted it. They seem to have the best deals I have seen thus far, and now, with your blessing that they arent a rip off, I am ordering through them.

Thanks again

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks cooper, I had just found that website a few minutes before you posted it. They seem to have the best deals I have seen thus far, and now, with your blessing that they arent a rip off, I am ordering through them.

Thanks again
Matt from that site was a joy to work with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Cooper, I've been lookin' for a site like this since I bought the truck :tu::tu:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks Copper, I've been lookin' for a site like this since I bought the truck :tu::tu:
No problem bud and congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Helll!!!!!!! $1000 for an exhaust system?!?!?! Whats so specail about that TRD exhaust that you guys need to have it! Wait a year or so for the aftermarket to catch up and pay a fraction of the price....with better quality! Magnaflow's rule!

·
Banned
888 Posts
Magnaflow has been the ICON for overpriced aftermarket Exhaust for the last ten years.Real Performance mufflers dont look like "trash-cans"

:clown:

TnK

Helll!!!!!!! $1000 for an exhaust system?!?!?! Whats so specail about that TRD exhaust that you guys need to have it! Wait a year or so for the aftermarket to catch up and pay a fraction of the price....with better quality! Magnaflow's rule!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Any of you guys have any pics of the exhaust setup? I'd love to see how the dual system looks on the new tundra's. :tu:

Joey

1 - 20 of 60 Posts