Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was thinking of trading in my 07 for a new 2010 because of all the great deals on tundras right now. My 07 had the TRD Dual Exhaust as a factory option. The dealers i went to today said that TRD Dual was not an option and more and cannot even be ordered? Anyone else having this problem with 2010 Tundra's??

Any input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
How can that be it's virtually the same truck? I would get a more detailed answer from that dealer or perhaps find another dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree I hit 2 dealers here in Minneapolis and neither really understand all the options.... I too cannot believe that this is not an option.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've been looking real hard at the borla duals lately, everyone seems to like them. Think I'm going to pull the trigger shortly.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ah man, you're going to love teh Borla duals. I have had 'em on my truck since the day they came out just about.

I made a 180 mile trip just Friday night between 60-65 mph and it was just music to the ears. Saturday morning I hopped on and did about 80, but hwen I was in the 70-75 range after the exhaust pipes had expanded it just sounded great.

Not too loud, and not too soft.

As far as the TRD Duals for '10, I think they changed up the midpipe or what not, so you might have to have some exhaust shop fix it, but I wouldn't ditch it and start over... unless you want to.

-rockstate

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2010 Dc, and I was told the hangers were different, Talk to TRDSPARKS, i believe they are coming out with a TRD exhaust soon, but from what I've been told it is basically a Borla system anyways. I went with a dual in dual same side exit Magnaflow, and I'm really happy with it so far. I wanted the TRD too, but it is expensive, in the end I wanted either the Borla or Magnaflow, but went with magnaflow because of the price.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Is it a flex fuel truck? The exhaust design is supposedly different.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
My truck was ordered last week and the dealer is installing the TRD exhaust for me, there were no problems with getting this option. It will be done at port before the truck even arrives

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Hello everyone, I was thinking of trading in my 07 for a new 2010 because of all the great deals on tundras right now. My 07 had the TRD Dual Exhaust as a factory option. The dealers i went to today said that TRD Dual was not an option and more and cannot even be ordered? Anyone else having this problem with 2010 Tundra's??

Any input is appreciated.
well first off its not a factory option anyway, its a dealer added accessory. get with sparks to find out if they have the TRD for the new one. if anyone knows, they will.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
as of right now TRD does not have an exhaust for the '10 I have been checking on this monthly since October and still nothing yet as well no eta from TRD

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Here are my 2 cents worth on the TRD dual exhaust. My 5.7L flex fuel Tundra was built with the TRD dual exhaust in 11/2010 and I love it. The sound at idle is almost as quiet as the stock exhaust and it settles into being pretty quiet at freeway cruising speed. But tip into the throttle and it makes really nice sounds and get into it a bit and it growls! My truck still has less than 600 miles on it, so I have not allowed myself to experience WOT, but from the reviews I have read, I am in for a treat! One downside though, just goosing it a bit to merge onto the freeway the other day made enough exhaust music to get the attention of a Highway Patrolman sitting in the median. He did not get a speed reading, but just based on the sound he pulled me over and gave me a warning!

I had limited trucks to chose from with the other options that I wanted, but if I was ordering one now I would definitely go with that exhaust again. I know there are better values from aftermarket suppliers, but getting it built in at the factory with no warranty issues and the quality of the materials makes this system a winner in my book.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here are my 2 cents worth on the TRD dual exhaust. My 5.7L flex fuel Tundra was built with the TRD dual exhaust in 11/2010 and I love it. The sound at idle is almost as quiet as the stock exhaust and it settles into being pretty quiet at freeway cruising speed. But tip into the throttle and it makes really nice sounds and get into it a bit and it growls! My truck still has less than 600 miles on it, so I have not allowed myself to experience WOT, but from the reviews I have read, I am in for a treat! One downside though, just goosing it a bit to merge onto the freeway the other day made enough exhaust music to get the attention of a Highway Patrolman sitting in the median. He did not get a speed reading, but just based on the sound he pulled me over and gave me a warning!

I had limited trucks to chose from with the other options that I wanted, but if I was ordering one now I would definitely go with that exhaust again. I know there are better values from aftermarket suppliers, but getting it built in at the factory with no warranty issues and the quality of the materials makes this system a winner in my book.
Sounds good! I get mine tomorrow. You've contributed to my excitement.
It is expensive but I feel it is worth every penny.
Does it feel like you lost torque or gain? Trd website mentioned "a modest gain".

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Couple of updates:

Turns out that my truck is not Flex Fuel - Toyota's web site said that all the trucks configured like mine were, but they were wrong. Good deal, since I won't burn E85 anyway.

I now have my truck all nicely broken in and I can say that the sound at WOT is amazing. Having about 6,000 miles on it I hardly notice the extra V8 music until I get into it, and then it still sound great to me. At normal driving levels it just has a nice deep grumble that sounds very nice.

I never drove my truck without the TRD exhaust so I can't comment on torque - except to say that this engine has tons of it. :devil:

Woodpro91 - let us know how you like your new exhaust after it gets installed.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
^^^Yeah, what he said. I love the TRD exhaust on my truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts