Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
OK I got back from getting the TRD cat-back duals done out of town.

My first impression was holy crap this is way more aggressive sounding than the stock. At first I thought it was too loud and obnoxious, but it is still growing on me. The quality of the system is first rate for sure and looks really good!

I really thought that it would not make much difference at low rpm (1000-2200), but it's really challenging to keep it quiet at times. I don't know if my neighbours will appreciate me driving into the subdivision a little later now.

There is no question that this is a V8 engine for anybody wondering when I drive by now. Huge difference!

So this exhaust absolutely gives me better low end torque, by the way. I am able to light up my tires now for several seconds until it shifts to second gear. whereas before I could get only a little chirp from the tires on aggresive take off. (nannies off btw)

I took my brother in law out with his buddy, and they were both very impressed by the power and sound of this truck. That's saying something since he hauls around a bobcat with his diesel dodge on a daily basis, and has owned ford diesel too (got rid of it, too many problems.)
This setup does drone a little when accelerating from 1600-1800 rpm, but it's not horrible.
I'm liking it more and more every day.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.