Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my TRD Dual Exhaust tonight. Took about 1 hour all by myself, without lifting the truck off the ground.

Cost was about an hour of work, an hour of BSing with the parts guys at the local dealership, and $999.33 with tax (got them to match the lowest internet price I found). I know, I know, much more than aftermarket, so I don't really need to hear it, besides they make more money everyday.

I recorded the following 4 clips. Wow, you can actually do that here!:eek:

Single inside (windows up, then all 4 windows down)
Single outside (about 7 ft from the right rear corner on a 45 angle)

Dual inside (windows up, then all 4 windows down)
Dual outside (about 7 ft from the right rear corner on a 45 angle)

There is a real loud rumble at the end of TRD inside cab, a Semi went by.

Enjoy, I personally love the sound of this. It's not obnoxious, but definitely means business.:D :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
mxsjw, sounds great! I've been thinking about the TRD dual exhaust. It'll add that small amount of rumple I'm looking for without it being too obnoxious and tiring on long trips. Really considering it.

According to the butt dyno, notice anymore power from the dual vs. the single?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the butt dyno, notice anymore power from the dual vs. the single?
Only drove around the block and it was a bit damp out. I turned off all the safety nannies, but would break loose, so I couldn't really tell yet. I will update when its dry outside.

No noticable drone at 40mph.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wish it wasn't 900 bucks. I like the looks of the dual exhaust also. Both of our cars have dual exhausts from the factory.

·
Registered
440 Posts
that sounds perfect.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds great....please keep track of your MPG after adding the exhaust and let us know if its effected.

thanks

I have an excel spreadsheet going from day one!:D :tu:

·
Registered
324 Posts
mpg difference?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man that thing gives a sweeeet azz sound!!!!!!!!! I got to save up and get me one now. I bet this makes the guys that boght the 4.7s sorry now!!! :cry:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Firecrew, I am not a dealer, so I don't know dealer cost.

As for the second question, I don't know if I understand what you are asking. The Tundra comes standard with a single outlet exhaust.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for posting this...I ordered my Tundra with the TRD exhaust and I'm glad I did!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow! I was thinking of getting one too! Does it come with the instructions on how to intall and did you have to cut anything?
Yes, comes with easy instructions.

No, you do not cut anything, except the tape on the boxes it comes in.:D Simple unbolt the stock at the Cats, and bolt on the new one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
:tu: Got mine with TRD dual from the factory. My wife thinks it's worthless but I love it and anyway what the hell does she know about such things.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts