Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: TRD EXH 4 SEQ

quote:
Originally posted by TundraV84Me:
TRD has a new EXh for the Seq.............

Ya BABY!
ALex

Ya if you don't mind spending $700 plus on a cat-back exhaust, go for it. Personally I think that is crazy.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Alex,
the TRD exhaust is bad @$$!! it does cost a lot, but TRDs (borla ?) quality and workmanship by far is the best. ask any of your fellow tundra owners! plus you get the added benefits of a mass produced exhaust; testing, warranty, etc.... there are other cheaper brands, but not sure how good they are. btw, a sequoia owner on this board has one and loves it. after a few more mods to my ride, i'll be getting the TRD exhaust as well.

it all comes down to personal preference though because if you don't mind an exhaust that hasn't been dynoed and all of the other stuff that a mass produced exhaust gets then a custom fabbed exhaust would be good too.

just my $0.02...
Chris

·
Registered
455 Posts

Quote Simias:after a few more mods to my ride, i'll be getting the TRD exhaust as well.

hey man, what Other Mods are you thinking about doing?You have the rims, the entertainment system, the rear spoiler (wing). what is next before the TRD? If I had some extra cash laying around I would be ordering my exhaust sys..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

bro...i'll never be done! nah, my head unit is being installed right now, so that is going to set me back a while. i'm still looking for a drop kit and hopefully i'll be getting my speed grille sometime soon. also want to get my sub in the storage compartment done too!

all of the performance goodies come last!
Chris

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

Dang dude. I can't even get a new stereo my wifes car because she doesn't like to spend the money....."on that kind of stuff", let alone my Sequoia. Get her to Banana Republic, or Starbucks every day, and the money flies. Wanna swap wifes for a month or two

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

boone...in order for me to get my stuff, my wife has to get something from banana republic or louis vuitton. so it's a trade off!

just playin'! my wife is cool because she knew that i was like this when she married me. plus, i only buy stuff after everything is paid and i have a little spending money.

women mod out the house, we mod out our rides!

·
Registered
6 Posts

$700 for a TRD exhaust doesn't sound bad. I'm assuming it's all stainless steel. They get $800 for the exhaust on my MR2 and it is nothing more than a muffler with three pipes sticking out of it.

simias - That's for sure. My wife is in the process of spending $8 grand on lights, shutters, paneled doors, painting and cottage cheese removal but if I said I wanted to spend $1000 on an intercooler for my car, she would hit the roof.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Our wives must be sisters.......LOL
I have pics of the EXH.........Email me if you wanna see..........sorry don't have a palce for my pics yet.
BTW........I'm begining to hate AOL
ALex

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I had to add the TRD to the Order-Build........that's the only way I could get the Exhaust on the Seq.

LOL

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

y'all are too funny alex...i wanna see!! i pretty sure that there is a way of adding a small pic w/ your post, but i'm not sure how to do it. anyone know how to do it? i have a pic of the TRD exhaust that i want to post as well.
Chris

·
Registered
455 Posts

Simias, I saved a copy of the TRD exhaust (the one you posted before the change over)
Thanks BTW for getting Steve over at Carson for sending it you you!
If anyone wants to see it PM me

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

thanks sanchez! exactly the pic that i wanted to post. you are getting good at this picture posting thingy! it's a good pic too because you can see the quality (at least the exterior) of the muffler. welds, mandrel bends, etc...

·
Registered
9 Posts

I can't seem to view the picture for that TRD Exhaust... is there a way to view pics ? I'm seeing posts of $700 plus pricing for the TRD Exhaust, can someone please tell us where you got them from... I checked on some dealership website and they're running $873 to ~ $1k+. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
455 Posts

I'm seeing posts of $700 plus pricing for the TRD Exhaust,
can someone please tell us where you got them from...
I checked on some dealership website and they're running $873 to ~ $1k+. Thanks in advance.
Also I belive that SteveG at Carson Toyota is the person you need to contact about this pricing... e-mail him at [email protected] or PM him..
Are you thinking of adding the TRD Exhaust?
If I could I Would!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

O K guys.............

Talked to TRD today. They are going to R&D a dual exh for the SEQ. If they can get it to fit and pass emmissions. (Seq is a ULEV) It'll be out sometime in summer. I'm first on the list to get one.

The single exhaust has some res to it.
Alex

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Alex,

is that a dual exhaust or dual tip? also, is it going to be a side exit or a rear exit? btw, did you tell them about the exhaust that you had? are they going to tone it down a bit? sorry for all of the questions, but i would be second in line after you to get one!

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts

simias-i checked on the drop for your sequoia and the guy at my work w/the black lowered one said you need the modified spindel for it to work correctly.I know somebody who can hook you up(me)with the fabricator.drop me an e-mail.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

droppedtundra,

thanks bro!!

I just emailed you!

Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts