Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just got my new Taco and want to add the TRD exhaust to it... Is it worth it? Would it be better to add the Borla one, since its already out of the dealership? Where could it be cheaper? TNX

·
Registered
579 Posts
Are you talking about the TRD exhaust tip? This chrome piece that's attached to the end of the exhaust pipe?
If that's what it is, then what does it actually do? My truck came with it, but I never asked for it and didn't really care, that's why I am asking ....

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I suspect he is talking about the "TRD Performance Exhaust"
The TRD Tacoma Performance Exhaust provides an increase in horsepower and deep aggressive sound. The exhaust features 304 stainless steel to resist rusting and a sporty "TRD" etched tip.
My truck came with it, and I never even asked "how much horsepower" or any other questions. I do like the way it sounds though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed a TRD Exhaust on my truck about a month after I got it. I love the low rumble it has at low RPM and the way it roars when I get into it. It's not as loud as most of the aftermaket systems I've heard, but that is what I wanted. I shopped around on the internet and found a lot of places that had them for around $370 but shipping was about $130 to $150 (Truck freight). I ended up getting mine from a Toyota dealer in Olathe Kansas who would ship FEDEX freight for about $70, Total cost $470. I think it was worth it. :tu: :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had my TRD exuast installed from the factory. I love the way it sounds, it is not as loud as the Borla but it has a very nice aggresive tone to it. I just installed the AFE intake as well and I love it, it sounds awsome and seems to add a lot of power when matched up with the TRD exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts