Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to change out my chrome fenders on my '03 Tundra for the TRD painted fenders. If anyone has info on the costs (including labor) I would greatly appreciate feedback. I am just not feeling the Chrome as much. I already replaced my rear bumper and like the way it looks. Thanks for the help!

-Wave

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Oh man, I love the chrome!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Im with the OP....mine came with the little chrome fender trim too. I cant stand the look, it reminds me of those chrome pieces you could buy at an autoparts store back in the days and you put them around your fender arches.

I'll be adding the painted flares soon, it can be done. Youll have to drill a couple of holes in your fender to attach it, check out the diagram: Toyota Parts Cheap.com

Dont forget youll need the 2 small bumper pieces too and the rears of course. Its better to find them used because it gets expensive quick. Post back if you do it and let me know how the install was.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Back in the day one non-painted fender flare was $160. You could go with an aftermarket flare that doesn't require holes in the fender.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Back in the day one non-painted fender flare was $160. You could go with an aftermarket flare that doesn't require holes in the fender.

Even used when I could find them last year were still pretty expensive, going new would be kinda pricey.

I havent even looked at aftermarket ones yet but w/ the OEM flares they have the little piece that continues the flare onto the front bumper so it blends nice w/ the bumper instead of just stopping.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket fender flares for a DC that blends into the front bumper like the OEM ones?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks RCs and Blender. I am looking into this. I'll get back to you with any new news.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts