Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a repost I just posted it in the sequoia forum but I need a answer bad.

I just isntalled a set of trd headers on my sequoia and it was not as bad as I thought. The next step is I need to have the cat pipe cut down and a two bolt flange welded on. Does anyone know how much needs to be cut down? Reason I ask is because I cannot drive the car anywhere it is way to loud.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the trd long tubes. If I have to I will but I would like to have the exact measurement if at all possible.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I just have the shorty headers on mine, so there was no cutting. You might do a search and see what you can come up with.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already did

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a repost I just posted it in the sequoia forum but I need a answer bad.

I just isntalled a set of trd headers on my sequoia and it was not as bad as I thought. The next step is I need to have the cat pipe cut down and a two bolt flange welded on. Does anyone know how much needs to be cut down? Reason I ask is because I cannot drive the car anywhere it is way to loud.

When I installed a set of TRD headers on my 2000 Tundra, The instructions said to, and I did, cut the inlet pipes to the converters at the factory weld, (pipe-to-converter). Worked out good. Heads up tho, the replacement pipes are just long enough, so be sure to cut on the pipe side of the weld, not the converter side, that extra 1/4 or so can make a differance.

Is that the same for a Sequoia? That, I don't know.

Hope it helps
Mack

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you remember how much you cut off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi.
I've been thinking of Headers these days. got cool intake, Banks, monster exhaust...wheels....
How much performance gain? any loss in mpgs? what do you recommend for Californians

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help, I gave you some rep for the info. I found a mobile welder on craigslist he is coming to my house on saturday to cut and weld accordingly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts