Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed I have a black plate under the engine but not the aluminum one under the front bumper...the sticker says engine and fuel tank plates ....so am I supposed to have the aluminum one or the one under the motor that is black thin metal? Thanks.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
The aluminum one is the "skid plate" you would have had to add it on and pay for it. I didn't, I only have the thin black one, which is now dented from bottoming out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The "aluminum" one is a "skid" plate. If it doesn't say skid plate then you don't have it. The covers are included with the TRD package, but the skid plate is not.
(AFAIK)
bb

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool thanks guys, my 06 had t6he aluminum one up front so I thought maybe I got hosed!! I love this truck regardless!! Just wish they still did the fender flares like the 06 had. Felt wierd trading in a truck with 8500 miles on it today.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was thinking... but I am not sure hence the question. So is the black plate standard equip?
I thought all of the trucks came with the black engine cover underneath. The TRD adds the fuel tank skid plate and the front skid plate over the black one.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I thought all of the trucks came with the black engine cover underneath. The TRD adds the fuel tank skid plate and the front skid plate over the black one.
I am not trying to be obtuse here but. From Toyota's website (for my region)

"- TRD Off-Road Package includes off-road-tuned suspension, unique 18-in. alloy wheels with P275/65R18 BFGoodrich® tires, fog lamps, front tow hooks, TRD Off-Road Package graphics, sliding rear window with privacy glass (OF) "

Nothing about skid plates there, and I didn't get them on mine. I did get the thin black under engine cover and a plastic gas tank under cover.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Like mxsjw said... the aluminum skid plate is an additional option (not standard) available for the TRD.

Jim

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No sweat man. I am in Texas and my window sticker says under option "OF" "Engine and Fuel Tank Skid Plates" in addition to all of the above items you listed. Maybe it is a wierd Gulf States thing?

I am not trying to be obtuse here but. From Toyota's website (for my region)

"- TRD Off-Road Package includes off-road-tuned suspension, unique 18-in. alloy wheels with P275/65R18 BFGoodrich® tires, fog lamps, front tow hooks, TRD Off-Road Package graphics, sliding rear window with privacy glass (OF) "

Nothing about skid plates there, and I didn't get them on mine. I did get the thin black under engine cover and a plastic gas tank under cover.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Maybe it is a wierd Gulf States thing?
Yes, exactly what it is.:td: They make you think your are getting more, but they are just relisting the standard equipment.:mad:

Sooner or later things down there and in SET will change. Because of sites like this one, us consumers are not so gullible anymore.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Trd Offroad Package Offroad-Tuned
-Suspension
-Bilstein Shocks
-Unique 18'' Alloy Wheels W/P275/65r18 Bf Goodrich Tires
-Fog Lamps
-Engine And Fuel Tank Skidplates
-Front Tow Hook
-Trd Offroad Package Graphics

Engine and fuel tank skidplates are the black ones. The aluminum skidplate is an additional option over that.

Jim

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Engine and fuel tank skidplates are the black ones. The aluminum skidplate is an additional option over that.

Jim
Thanks, that was how it needed to be spelled out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts