Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i saw a sequioa on the road yesterday, it was white and had the TRD stickers and the TRD wheels like i have. looked good. did they even offer the TRD pkg on one? it had the tundra 5.7 emblems on the front fenders too...i guess someone had a tundra and wnated their seq to match? anyway, i never saw a TRD one before and never thought about it till i saw it...wish i could have taken a pic.

also, has anyone else noticed an influx of 4.7 SR5 sequoias hitting the used markets? ive come across 5 of them at local car lots...all of them have carfax's showing rental usage as prior history so its not like im gonna get one of them just wonderin if its all over or just someone local purging their cars again....anyone have a 4.7 in a seq or a 4.6 and can advise how well it does with the weight? i know people swear by the 5.7 as if thats the only engine out there...but the 4.7 is just fine in the tundra..just curious since its got my mind thinking.....

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
They did not make a TRD Sequoia.

Not sure about the 4.7L influx. I personally would not choose that motor. Plus, based on the 4.7s I've seen on eBay, they don't come with any options for the most part. Cloth manual sets, no spoiler, etc.

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
my dad got the 4.7 in his tundra, the difference is night and day with our 5.7 seqouia. i have way more power.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dad got the 4.7 in his tundra, the difference is night and day with our 5.7 seqouia. i have way more power.
oh i know that. i drove a 5.7 seq already and its night and day diff over my 4.7. but the 4.7 is more than adequate....just toyin with an idea now as cheap as the Sr5 4.7s are that are hitting the market now, we can get one of them for a run around family vehicle we wouldnt have to care too much about door dings etc and keep the mercedes for the nice car...hmmm.....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drive the baby Benz and keep the Sequoia as the nice boat! :D
cant have three "nice" vehicles now can i? hahahaha it would be nice to have one to drive and treat as if it was just a mode of transportation....but i doubt we'd do it. too many vehicles costs too much to insure hahhaah we had four at one time for two of us that kinda got expensive.....

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
cant have three "nice" vehicles now can i? hahahaha it would be nice to have one to drive and treat as if it was just a mode of transportation....but i doubt we'd do it. too many vehicles costs too much to insure hahhaah we had four at one time for two of us that kinda got expensive.....
Besides the MB and the Sequoia, what would the 3rd nice vehicle be? :caked:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Really, in Texas? We had 5 on the policy - 2 were Mustang GTs and 2 were Lightnings - and it really wasn't THAT much more. Couple hundred bucks every 6 months with the highest limits and $500 deductible. That's with us being in NJ, the highest insurance rates in the United States.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really, in Texas? We had 5 on the policy - 2 were Mustang GTs and 2 were Lightnings - and it really wasn't THAT much more. Couple hundred bucks every 6 months with the highest limits and $500 deductible. That's with us being in NJ, the highest insurance rates in the United States.
well we had the corvette, a chrysler a silverado and a neon plus the boat and a supp life insurance policy all through state farm and it was 500 a month...more than i wanted to pay. highest limits for us and 500 deductible as well. but went down to two cars and its less than half. weird.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Besides the MB and the Sequoia, what would the 3rd nice vehicle be? :caked:
well...actually if we got a black sequoia it would be the sucky vehicle...only if we got a white sequoia would it be an additional nice ride hahahahhahahahaha

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is weird because I checked 3 dealers for a recent used Sequoia and all but 1 were 4.7's.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is weird because I checked 3 dealers for a recent used Sequoia and all but 1 were 4.7's.
run a carfax on them and i bet u will find they were rental vehicles. all the ones i have found have been. looks like they got a bunch of 08's when they came out and now its time to retire them.

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
lol, im too baller to have a beater car, i have the seqouia as my family pimp wagon, and R6 as my beater bike, the R1 as my classy show ride. i really need to pick up a classic muscle car though.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I'm definitely not too proud to drive a beater as long as it's fun. Don't care much for appearances. My 2002 True Blue Lightning had some dents and dings, but I could care less as long as I was having fun. :)

Funny, the Sequoia - being an SR5 - is currently the least optioned vehicle I have even though it's as loaded as the SR5 comes. Definitely the most comfy, though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts