Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After googling some parts, I found a 2002 TRD Sequoia for sale in Florida. This guy has a 2002 with only 54K miles on it. I haven't ever seen one for sale before, so if anyone is in the market....this one rocks! The only bad thing about this particular one is that it didn't come with the supercharger, and they were only offered in 2WD. I think you can check it out on AutoTrader.com - Buy Used Cars, New Cars, Sell a Car, Find Car Dealers - AutoTrader.com and do an advanced search with the keyword TRD. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, for anyone looking to buy a rare Sequoia... Another one popped up this weekend. I found a 02' TRD Sequoia listed in Clover, SC at Fred Caldwell Chev. This is a black one with 93k miles, 2WD, suede/leather seats, TRD Grille/lighted running boards/DVD. Looks like it's in pretty good condition from what Martin McKinley (Manager said). I just wish they had them out West...dang it.

If anyone lives in SC, take a picture of the exhaust for "OKstate". I think he was trying to have a shop make him an exhaust set-up similar to the TRD kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ha thanks for the linking me in to this...I'm sure with enough publicity I can get a pic of those duals! And yea that TRD looks sick

·
Registered
22 Posts
so, what is the difference in the trd and the borla exhaust? will jba headers bolt up to the borla system? i have a 03 with borla.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I understand, the TRD kit was only offered in dual rear exit and probably had the TRD etched logo on the tips. They also go out at an angle, and not straight back. I believe the Borla kit was a single exit, and probably had the Borla logo on it. Is your exhaust dual out? Both were only cat-back systems, so running a header shouldn't matter either way. I think the only header with installation issues is the TRD header that has to be welded in at the cat connections (not sure as I've not seen them in person), and the S&S Long tubes which utilize new cats.

I really wish we could find a member with the TRD kit so we could get some pictures...

·
Registered
22 Posts
the borla is dual out, but ive seen a trd with the borla exhaust. he had the same grille and wheels as me too. i guess i got half of the trd package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
its a sr5, but i bought mine like this. it has the trd grille, suede/ leather seats, carbon fiber dash, console and door inserts, borla exhaust, jbl stereo, and bbs wheels. it doesnt have the entertainment system or nav. what else did the 03 trd have?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I read somewhere that it has diffrent shocks. But I'm not sure. Someone else might chime in.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Way back in the early years of TS.COM we all saw the 02-03 TRDs on the ROAD and all of us freaked out and discussed it in here.
At one time you could BUY/BUILD the TRD Seq from the SET Toyota.
Anyhow after searching the boards I found the thread where we listed all the goodies to reflect the costs.
Since back then the TRD Seq was more than a Limited. (and WITH-OUT the Supercharger)

Here is a break down.

Power heated outside mirrors
Accessory meter - compass, outside temp gauge, homelink, & trip computer
ToyoGuard protection group
Exterior Paint Sealant
Toyo Guard Sealant Cleaner
Interior Fabric Protector
Undercoating/Sound Shield
Glass Etch Theft Deterrent
Sequoia TRD Package -
18 Inch BBS Alloy Wheels
Borla Performance Dual Exhaust
Custom Chrome Grille
Special Edition TRD Badging
Preferred Suede Perforated Seats
Carbon Fiber Appearance Dash
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
TRD Embroidered Door Panels
Color Keyed Bumpers
Color Keyed Fender Flares
Color Keyed Lighted Running Boards
Premium 3-in-1 w/ 8 speakers -
Captain's Chairs
Carpet mats & trunk mat

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey jimballs, you definitely have the TRD Sequioa! I've only seen them in SR5 option, and usually only 2WD from SE Toyota Region. Can you please post some pictures for us? I would love to see the way they ran the exhaust, and if it is etched in Borla or TRD. Also, love to see the decals on the doors and rear door if you have them. Some only had the carbon fiber TRD decal on the rear pillar where it would normally say SR5. The other cool thing they has was the lighted running boards, which you can still purchase from a outside vendor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ill get some pics by tomorrow. no trd badges, it had sr5 on the sides, but i peeled all of them. not sure about the glass etch?? the mirrors have a little heat symbol, so i guess they are heated, but no switches for them. the door panels have the suede, but no trd.
it says borla on the tips, but they are true duals, no y pipe, 2 converters. it has regular manifolds, so the jba's should bolt on. right?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting, I wonder if your Sequoia was upgraded at a later point? Usually the suede has the Racing Development TRD logo on the front door panel. The side mirrors would heat up when you hit the normal rear defrost button. And, yes the JBA's would bolt on...some other members have installed them. Thanks in advance for the pictures...

·
Registered
22 Posts
couldnt get the pics to upload this weekend. will work on it tonite.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok, here are the exhaust pics. there are more pics of the whole truck on my profile. had take smaller pics or something, i hate computers. my exhaust looks like its run the same as those other pics, but it turns out right behind the tires, and says borla. it also has a "special edition" badge on the doors. the badge is also looks like carbon fiber. thats the only ones i left on. i added a brute force intake the other day. i think it made a pretty big difference, probably cuz it has true duals. the exhaust is definately louder, not a lot of intake noise like everyone else complains about. cant wait to pull my boat and see if it makes a difference there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for the pics jimballs! It's cool to see a real TRD Sequoia. Love the carbon interior parts and steering wheel! I just have a couple questions for you. Is yours 4WD? Also, what did your door decals say? I can't quite make out the oval decal currently on your door. I've seen them say "Racing Development TRD" on the two front doors. Did yours also have the TRD badge on the rear pillar or just SR5? No one has been able to get pictures of all the correct decals. Also wondering if you had any of those decals on the rear hatch door, or if it was just the normal Sequoia chrome emblems? I've only seen one with the TRD on the rear hatch, and I'm wondering if that guy did it for his own preference or if it was like that from the dealer? Let me know, as I'm trying to order some of the decals, and I want to make sure I get the right ones if possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
its 2wd. thought i would never need 4wd, denver changed that last month. i now own tire chains. the door emblems are carbon fiber background and say special edition. i saw a trd sequoia in atlanta a few months ago. it had a big TRD on the door and some writing. i think i saw the same emblem later on something else and it said "toyota racing developmentTRD". didnt see the rear. it had the same exhaust and wheels. i ordered the carbon fiber center caps for the wheels. i had silver at first, but was missing one. then i broke one of the new ones, so i have 1 silver right now. the rear pillar just said sr5. i really think they had an almost trd sequoia, the "special edition". all the parts seem factory, like the door panels, seats, cf interior/ steering wheel. i dont think anyone went through all this trouble, and didnt get the TRD emblems. its my first toyota, and my first suv. i love this thing. im not positive that the mirrors are heated, but the other day one had ice, and when i hit the rear defrost, it melted pretty fast. dd nav unit next snf jba headers after that, and hopefully im done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
have you heard of anyone hearing a buzzing or humming noise from the rear when they start the motor? i can't hear it outside because of the exhaust. it sounds like the fuel pump to me. it just started doing this a couple of months ago, and it only happened about 3 or 4 times, but it did it the last 2 days. the noise stops after a minute or two, and doesn't seem to do it after the truck is warm. im going to start waiting to see if it will buzz with just the key or if its only when running. thought i'd ask before starting a new thread. i searched and didnt see anything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts