Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pops is about to buy a gen II (from 06).
He was pizzed I got the supercharger and now he is sure he needs to have one on his new truck.

My question is that I am wondering how the charger affects trade in value.

Most people assume that because its got the charger the pizz has been run out of it....but having the charger is cool....but you will never be able to recoup the value of go fast stuff (especially aftermarket).

So how much does the charger raise the trade in/ resale value???

Any thoughts?

~JH

·
Registered
297 Posts
I traded in my 1GR Tacoma with the TRD charger. It has no net increase or decrease in trade value. However, it could have an affect on private sale price.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wow, I would have thought that a factory installed SC would increase value. If Kelly Blue Book added it to the list of qualified accessories it would surely increase. Kinda like navigation or no navigation.

·
Registered
754 Posts
it actually might decrease the value...there is a forum member here name iwantoneofthose who has a supercharger in his tundra crewmax and guess what he has not sold it yet and in fact he is selling it below kbb and still no takers he is asking 23k, but he turned it into carmax I believe. in this economy supercharger decreases value becuase of the higher miantence needed and buyers see this.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Take it out and sale it on ebay. That way you can at least get some money out of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
And here i am trying to find a used supercharged 4x4...cant find them anywhere.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Also, unless it was sourced and installed by Toyota, with receipts, its gonna negatively affect the resale.

·
Registered
754 Posts
even its ifs installed by toyota, saids toyota part on there, even toyos name on there, hand signed, still will not add value I would say most definitely 90% of the time decrease the value.
Also, unless it was sourced and installed by Toyota, with receipts, its gonna negatively affect the resale.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good info to know.
Looks like I will be saving a box of parts to put back on when its sold.

No question that a supercharger kit in good shape will fetch some money (that is if it wont fit on the next truck!)

~JH

·
Registered
513 Posts
You will definitely not recoup the cost of any aftermarket part.
:amen:

that goes for any car. you'll be lucky to see 10% on mods. there are very few exceptions to this.

·
Registered
330 Posts
For the most part mods will help to sell a truck to a target group, how ever it will hardly increase the overall value of it, just more appealing to some people, as it might turn others a way.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It's a gamble, at best you might recoup half the cost of the mods. If you sell to a dealership you'll get $0 for your mods.

Most people that like to modify their cars, including myself (I still am incapable of leaving well enough alone ;)) like to modify it to their tastes. I can appreciate someone else's modified vehicle, that doesn't mean they've done what I would do and therefore wouldn't want it (unless it was Chip Foose or Troy Treppanier).

When I sold my TRD Supercharged Camry (with everything TRD ever made for the car -LSD) I got KBB private party value @ excellent (b/c it was) and about half the cost of all the mods I put into it. I was satisfied b/c the car/mods on the car were 10 years old (mods depreciate in value just like the vehicle) but it took a long time to find a buyer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts