Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a sway bar for my truck and i do a lot of towing my enclosed trailer and im looking for less trailer sway, not theirs much now and looking for less body roll when cornering too. My question isn't how its going to preform its how is it going to hold up after some wear and tear, i live in the Midwest so the winter is full of salt and i don't wanna have a rusted out rod under my truck after a year or so because i drive my truck a lot.

...and this might be a stupid question but is it still gonna fit on my truck since its got a 1"block in the rear and larger tires...just checking. :afro:

As always thanks guys, pics are always welcome.
RadiantRedTRD.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Free bump to the top. I can't answer your question definitively because I don't have one but i can't imagine it not being durable. As far as salt goes it's either painted or powdercoated so I think it would hold up about as good as the rest of the painted portion of the truck.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ive had mine on for over a year and it looks new still, just rinse it off once in awhile. Im also running a 1" rear block at the moment with 35" tires....no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
The bars and end links are welll protected. Just paint the clamps and bolts to prevent rust. I've only read of one person breaking the main bar. Maybe he jumped the truck or did some serious off roading. Very effective sway bar. Slow down on turns and curves or you'll be buying new tires soon.:D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, once again thanks guys! Appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Any pics of the rear? does it hang below or is it level with the diff?
Take a look see on Sparks TRD site...plug in part number: PTR11-34070

They have a pretty good picture (which can be made larger for better viewing) showing bar mounted on Tundra & unmounted kit...

Looks to me like bottom of diff is lowest point...

Brad

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take a look see on Sparks TRD site...plug in part number: PTR11-34070

They have a pretty good picture (which can be made larger for better viewing) showing bar mounted on Tundra & unmounted kit...

Looks to me like bottom of diff is lowest point...

Brad
Appreciate it man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts