Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with the instructions provided and the diy by RONE, it took me almost 3 hours to install thats including the half hour I spent looking for the 2 nuts for the upper endlink. I went as far as going to several hardware stores looking for 2 22mm nuts. When I got back, I started thinking...weld nuts, check the frame...what do ya know...nuts...I am nuts. I had a hard time attaching the U bolts and the thing that goes under the U bolt to the RSB. I smashed my finger, scrapped my knees, and cut up the top of my hand and my knuckles. I must say, however, the ride around corners and even changing lanes is day and night. I already love this thing. Everybody's reviews were dead on. Thanks yall I am curious...why did I have 4 washers left over??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congtats on the RSB. I just love mine Too! Its been said on here that the RSB kit is the first mod to do and I did it first. I can't believe what a difference it made on my DC. I feel for your bumps and bruises.....I got my bar installed at my service dealer for $285 parts and labor...could not pass that deal up!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Again, how's the ride? If I don't do the 6" suspension lift, the sway bar is next on my list.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
mine just came in the other day. i can't wait to install it.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I believe the extra washers are for people who don't have the factory tow setup. Hopefully my DIY was helpful for you!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
No doubt, it is one of the best mods. It is definitely the best as far as handling. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Congrats on the new addition and best Mod for the buck:tu: And it looks cool too.

Take Good Care:typing:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Let me know if it helps out on the causeway.. haha. I don't know if we will get anything to help us out there. Definitely my next mod to do to the truck. Louisiana highways. jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again, how's the ride? If I don't do the 6" suspension lift, the sway bar is next on my list.
I have only driven a few miles and whipped around a couple turns, but as I stated earlier, it is a day and nite difference. The rear end feels more stable and planted on the ground. There is a circle around here that I like to take at about 60mph...once I take that I will know for sure. Def worth the time and money. As everybody has said...should be the first mod!

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the extra washers are for people who don't have the factory tow setup. Hopefully my DIY was helpful for you!

Dude...your DIY was great. I kept going back in and looking at your pics to to make sure I was installing it properly.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks to all of the good advice at TS my RSB was ordered with the truck as a factory-installed option.

My only disappointment is that I don't have the "before and after" experience to really feel how much it helps.

It could be taken off, the truck driven around, and then reinstalled but that is incredibly stupid.

Anyway, the truck handles beautifully and anyone who gets the RSB will appreciate the tightness in turns. The air bags seem to keep it more level as well.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
weldone!! how does the truck feel after this mod? any significant difference?
A bit bumpy but corners great even for a stock wheels/tires. Also helps prevent a bit of axle wrap, I noticed. I have softer Alcan springs with Firestone Airbags and lately I noticed a lot of tirespin even with 200 lbs weight on the very back of the bed. After reinstalling the linkages on the sway bar, it hooked up better. I removed all the weights from the bed. The truck is peppy once again.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i just got mine installed in 49 minutes flat, laying in my driveway in the hot florida heat. thanks rone for the pictures. i brought my laptop outside and laid it under the tailgate. the pictures helped make it really easy. now its time to get a shower so i can test drive it without covering my seat in sweat, lol.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
My only disappointment is that I don't have the "before and after" experience to really feel how much it helps.

It could be taken off, the truck driven around, and then reinstalled but that is incredibly stupid.
You can disconnect the two end links, tie up the bar to keep it from dragging and give it a good test drive. Just be sure to have a torque wrench to tighten the bolts back on

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
the sway bar definitely makes a difference. cornering is more fun, which may be a bad thing, since the tires ain't cheap, lol.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My wife keeps telling me to slow down around corners...she thinks that I am going to get a ticket.

just remember, unless it says "speed limit", it is only a recommendation ;) those yellow signs around curves and what not that are usually about 10 mph lower than the limit are not actual speed limit signs. you'd probably have to be squealing your tires around corners to get a ticket, and that could be fought in court by going into a technical discussion about the rubber compound of your tires and possible oil on the road :D just remember to let off the throttle if you do start squealing them. if you stay on it, good luck fighting it :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts