Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Yeah no doubt I'm always pushing the envelope on my truck around corners since i got the Black Widow TRD Sway Bar installed. Its seems its just a new thrill i have to see how she does around corners. :rolleyes:

Good Luck And Take Good Care:typing:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just installed mine a few hours ago. It is amazing. I have driven my truck for almost two years without one and the difference is obvious. It makes the truck more solid in turns and just feels more connected. If you have $230 to spend this is one of the best mods to do. The quality of the parts was very high and I am very pleased overall.

·
14 LTD CM
13 Posts
With the sway bar, it's like a new truck after 1 1/2 years without it. Other than keeping the cost down, is there any reason why this should not be standard?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
the higher end model or sport oriented model tend to have rear sway bars or larger than standard. Fleet owners probably don't want them due to drivers going faster and tires wearing out sooner.
The right shocks, springs, swat bars and wheels/tire can turn a leaner into a tight cornerer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
AGREED!!! I just bought a used RSB off craigslist for $150 bucks, had it powder coated blue for free and put it on myself. Holy Crap why is this not standard equipment?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Does anyone know what the 09-10 Tundras with the Appearance packages are doing for hitchs?
I ask as I so badly want the sway bar, but I have the appearance bumper, which does not fit with the stock 10.5 hitch... So I've downgraded to the 5k hitch(which is OK for now), which is incompatible with the TRD sway bar... Guess I'm just curious to know if they redesigned the stocker 10.5 hitch for the 09-10's...

I can probably answer my own question, being that I noticed that both appearance package Tundras at the local stealership, didn't sport hitchs at all...

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Dawg, I have a curt 6k hitch that does not go anywhere near the sway bar mount like the class 4 hitch. It was about $160 and easy to install. i have the chrome bumper but it should work with yours also

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Dawg, I have a curt 6k hitch that does not go anywhere near the sway bar mount like the class 4 hitch. It was about $160 and easy to install. i have the chrome bumper but it should work with yours also
Thanks SE.... I'll have to dig into that hitch and see if it'll work with my bumper.
Apart from just looking at the two hitches, I can't see where/why the stocker wouldn't have worked...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So do you have the factory class 4 or one of the accessory hitches?
One of the accessory hitches... as to how many they deal with, and which one I got, I have no idea... All I remember is the stealership mentioning 5,500 towing cap... I have no idea on tongue weight... Aren't they suppose to have these figures stamped somewhere? LOL...

What it looks like with the Appearance bumper...

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
You can see why it won't work with the sway bar. Don't know why it needs that brace. I am getting something that is suppose to take the place of sway bars, maybe that will work for you

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just ordered my sway bar from Sparks today.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
hey guys I am in the process of getting a revtec 3"/ 1" leveling kit put on and am wondering will the swaybar work with lifted trucks?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts