Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone-

I just bought a TRD Sway bar and I looked at the DIY by RONE. Looks easy enough, but I did have one question.

When you install the actual sway bar, which way does it face or is does it matter which is the left and which is the right side of the actual sway bar. I can see in the pictures how to install everything else, but I can not see how the actual sway bar faces.

Or, does someone have a pdf of the actual TRD sway bar instructions from Toyota?

Thanks in advance. I did a search but could not find anything on this.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
This MAY help

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratch my question. Found the instructions doing a google search.

Here is the pdf if anyone wants it.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rudy-

Thanks for the pdf. I must of just hit my reply after you did yours. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Youre welcome. Incidentally, this will be the single BEST mod that you can do to your truck. Have fun!!!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Youre welcome. Incidentally, this will be the single BEST mod that you can do to your truck. Have fun!!!
Absolutely best bang for the buck!! No question about it!! Enjoy!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought mine today $205 brand new at the dealer!, Did the install in the driveway in about 25 minutes, wicked easy ....havent driven it yet I will take it for a good ride tomorrow!

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
The only draw back is your tires will wear faster!

For anyone who wants the simple answer to the OP's question: the TRD logo is face-up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frankenstein-

Thanks for the info. Had I not found the directions, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

Bill

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tighty-

Awesome Pictures. Pictures are worth 1000 words. Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
so if I have a trailer hitch that uses those wholes, will it still go on? or do I have to take it off?

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
you simply use one less washer if you have a hitch
No, the anti-sway bar ships with a longer set of bolts, you remove the front bolts from where the trailer hitch is attached to the frame and that is where the drop links are bolted to the frame with the new longer bolts. At least, that is, if you have the factory hitch, as mine is.

·
Registered
379 Posts
No, the anti-sway bar ships with a longer set of bolts, you remove the front bolts from where the trailer hitch is attached to the frame and that is where the drop links are bolted to the frame with the new longer bolts. At least, that is, if you have the factory hitch, as mine is.
My reply was exactly correct... you install it the exact same way, you just use one less washer...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure which hitch I have. Here is a picture if you could help? I really would like to get the sway bar.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts