Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. Im looking to get some new feet for the tundra, and i was wondering if i could fit 22 inch 9.5 rims with 305 50or40 r22 tires on the tundy, with out removing or modifying my trd sway bar? I know i did the search but didnt find much. In addition does any one have any opinions or experiences with the american racing brand rims. The ones im considering are the merin flat black model that i saw on a aftermarket hooked up tundra at the dealership. Thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide.:ts:

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
(Pssssssssssttttttt.....dont call the truck a "Tundy")

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed that does sound pretty gay. I guess i have been reading too many posts over the years lol . Does anyone out there have any usefull info? Also how bad would the tires rub with a set up like this at full turn with out a lift? THANKS

·
Registered
194 Posts
As long as you run a good offset you should not have issues with tire rub

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Ive used American Racing wheels on numerous vehicles over the years and can say that they are TOP NOTCH. Lots of wheel/tire places will mount and install them for you to make sure they will fit prior to the purchase. You could always try that!! ( Yeah it does sound gay, and I hope this was useful information )!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine are 22x9.5 with 305/45 22s and no issues

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas, as far as tires go i think im going to go with a more off road looking set up. Im looking at three types the toyo open country, cooper zeon, or the nitto terra grapps. Both your trucks look great, its good to know AR rims in your opinion are a good product because i like the look,plus they are so reasonably priced. Topofdawurld now i got to find out if having a tire with a more rugged tread pattern would cause any issues. Thanks for the responses, and if any body has a rig with 22s and any of the tires i mentioned please chime in and let me know if i may have any issues.

·
Registered
316 Posts
There is a ton of room (probably in excess of 10 inches if my memory serves me correctly) there so I wouldnt worry about it rubing if that is your concern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts