Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 months ago I noticed my left bushing bracket on my TRD Swaybar was broke (this was not due to over-torquing). Not having the time to deal with it I just removed the entire swaybar and put it to the side. Well now I want to put it back on but I can't seem to find anywhere that will sell me just the bushing bracket. I contacted both the dealership and TRDUSA.Com and both have now told me that I'd have to buy the entire kit all over again.

First of all, I got one of the first TRD Swaybar kits in 2007 and the early ones supposedly have weaker bushing brackets (maybe got mixed in with the early camshaft forging haha!) . No help from team Toyota on this one of course! Secondly, TRD wouldn't even entertain the thought of helping me out by sending me an individual bushing bracket, thanks alot TuRD! Anywho, so now i'm on-line searching different companies and all the aftermarket universal bushing kits seem to have brackets that are much smaller then the one I need. So either I get a new bushing bracket or I've got a lot of red metal that'll look nice sitting in my garbage can tomorrow.

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Weird, I thought they were taking care of it? I dunno what to tell ya.

However, try Sparks TRD (Google 'em) and they might be able to help ya out and part with just a bushing.

G'luck

-rockstate

·
Registered
456 Posts
It sounds like your question has already been answered.... if the Toyota dealer can't get the part, and TRD won't sell the part.... then you need to buy a complete kit again.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Should be easy enough to fabricate a new bracket if you have the old one. If you don't want to bother, I'd send you $50 to keep the old one out of the trash so you can buy a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
About 6 months ago I noticed my left bushing bracket on my TRD Swaybar was broke (this was not due to over-torquing). Not having the time to deal with it I just removed the entire swaybar and put it to the side. Well now I want to put it back on but I can't seem to find anywhere that will sell me just the bushing bracket. I contacted both the dealership and TRDUSA.Com and both have now told me that I'd have to buy the entire kit all over again.

First of all, I got one of the first TRD Swaybar kits in 2007 and the early ones supposedly have weaker bushing brackets (maybe got mixed in with the early camshaft forging haha!) . No help from team Toyota on this one of course! Secondly, TRD wouldn't even entertain the thought of helping me out by sending me an individual bushing bracket, thanks alot TuRD! Anywho, so now i'm on-line searching different companies and all the aftermarket universal bushing kits seem to have brackets that are much smaller then the one I need. So either I get a new bushing bracket or I've got a lot of red metal that'll look nice sitting in my garbage can tomorrow.

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!
Contact this guy also from San Diego. He's a member of Tundraheadquarters forum and I think here on TS also. He has a fab shop in San Diego and can probably help you.

New from San Diego with pic - TundraNetwork

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just talked to Sparks Toyota and they were able to help me out. Got just the bushing/bracket for $15 shipped. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
You GOTTA Love the guys at SPARKS TOYOTA !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just noticed yesterday one bracket completely broke the other showed stress fracture.

Sparks TRD carries a hardware kit part# PTR11-34091 for $70.85 plus shipping

Amazon.com $68.15

Looks like this is an issue, hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts