Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Ac tundra with the trd package. I am going to sell my truck and buy a 05 tundra dc black 4x4. THe problem is not only am I haveing a problem finding a 2005 black dc in my budget with around 50 k miles. I find it even harder to find one with the trd package. So it is really that big of a deal? I plan on updating the front shocks to the 5100's in the front- and possible an air assit system in the rear. So is there anything else the trd package offers that I will notice comming from my previous 03 trd ac?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a search before I posted and have continued to find a previous thread and havent came up with anything. I swear a saw it a while back-any help here :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
change front springs to performance products.
change struts.
put on helwig rsb.
buy chrome exhaust tip.
i did it and now it is like...............
trd.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
if you are going to replace the front struts anyways, i would just get the regular non-trd truck. there is no point in getting the trd package anyways if you are going to replace them. you can always add the stickers on later too:D .

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, since I will get new shocks-I can just swap for some springs two- exhaust till be custom-so the lsd is not standard on trd I take it? I know where to look to see if its limited slip-but I couldnt go back to a truck with out it. I had a t100 without it and it was terrible. My o3 ac has lsd-love it-

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i believe all 05 and up has LSD standard, maybe 04 doublecabs too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I did pretty much the same modifications as subscriber "jaymz11" did (see my signature), and the '01 Tundra is the same as the TRD models, except for the decals and the lack of LSD. You can add a TRD/Eaton LSD for about $279 parts @*Performance Products* plus labor (5 hours according to dealer- same as spider gear replacement), and you have a TRD model Tundra!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I know Wheelers sells the Bilstein Coils and Shocks that come on the TRD Tundras, or you could just get a different coilover such as Donahoe or Camburg, and i think the TRD comes with different tires? someone correct me if i'm wrong, but those tires are the Rugged Trails? you'd be better off getting some good Revos or A/T's

·
Registered
568 Posts
lsd is the only difference i can tell, however a buddy of mine has trd minus the lsd. Im glad i dont have ****ty fender flares to break off

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
times whatever we're up to :D. don't bother getting TRD...

TRD stickers- 25 bucks or so on ebay
Bilis- whatever Wheelers is selling them for
ARB air locker- 600 bucks + other toys, maybe 200 bucks, 800ish total
or
Kazumi LSD- 300ish

Better and cheaper than OEM TRD- priceless :sleep:

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Who knows, maybe after driving the non-TRD you might like the ride better.

I've driven both, I really didn't notice much difference.

·
Registered
374 Posts
without the suspension mods at the least i did to mine i would have to get another ride. non trd or the like is too soft of a ride and does not handle very well IMHO.
members are correct in stating there are better alternatives to trd. search and get what best serves your needs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts