Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having trouble getting my Treo 650 to pair with the Tundra Bluetooth, in fact the Toyota Bluetooth Phone website said it just isn't compatible.

I went out looking for a compatible phone, but decided to see if there were any software updates for the Treo. I found a download at
Palm - Support - Treo 650 Updater (Verizon Wireless version)
that updated the Bluetooth capabilities, among other things. I just went out and tried it and it paired right up! I haven't tried transferring phonebook entries yet, but even if that part won't work I'm thrilled to just have it so I can use the handsfree.:)

That link is for Verizon, but they have updates there for other carriers as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I can make and receive calls with no problem. I haven't had time yet to try to load phonebook entries into the nav system to see if that part of it works.

Your phone has to be where it can "see" the bluetooth antenna on the truck. I read that on trucks with the nav system, the antenna is inside the nav screen, so if your phone is on the dash or is otherwise obscured from the antenna, it may not work. I carry my Treo in a holster on my belt on the left side and so far it works well.:tu:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I worked for Cingular for many years and this is what I have to say:

The Treo 650 was one of the worst hybrid/PDA phones on the market and one of my customers biggest complaints was the bluetooth compatiblity with in car bluetooth/nav systems.

If you have had your Treo for a while and are running an older OS version on it definitely upgrade to a newer version as this may help (best bet would be to just upgrade):

Palm -; Support

Pick your model and service provider - it will tell you how to check your software version against the newest release available.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you REALLY like how the Treo works you should look into upgrading to a Treo 680...was a very good upgrade.

Of course I personally recommend a BlackBerry :tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the link! While the update NEVER goes smoothly, once the phone was updated I went back out and tried to pair up the phone. Same problem...the phone thinks it links but the truck never acknowledges it. Tried many things then finally out of desperation/frustration I put the phone 1" from the screen...VOILA'! It paired up. It seems to work great so far! Thanks!

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 07 Tundra Limited pairs up without a problem and some phone calls people can hear while most of my calls are garbled to the person that i am talking to. Has anyone made a phone call hung up and than tried to make another call and not be able to hear anything and the Bue Tooth connection still shows up on the screen but your music won't shut off and you can't complete a call until you disonnect from the Blue tooth and manualy have to talk through your phone, and in order to link back up with the Blue Tooth you have to shut off the and restart the truck to re-establish the connection.

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
If you REALLY like how the Treo works you should look into upgrading to a Treo 680...was a very good upgrade.

Of course I personally recommend a BlackBerry :tu:
I had the Palm 750P(was a replacement for the moto Q)...fun to play with, when it worked...evil little phone! I have the blackberry curve...best yet:tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts