1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Lund looks better because the top is arched to shed water.
I have a Extang Trifecta. Holds up to heavy snow very well.

Reactions: bliggidy

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
I've used an Advance Cover for twelve years on my '00 Access Cab. It appears to be the same as is shown in the video I linked to. The primary difference is that I used the C-clamps shown to attach the side mounting points, but after a few years, I drilled holes in the side rails and replaced the C-clamps with stainless steel bolts and screws. The C-clamps held it on well, but the screws on the C-clamps invite snagging on anything that comes near them.

I am now, and have always been, quite pleased with how it works. It is easy to open and close, it can be driven while latched open, it can be easily removed to carry large cargo, and it has never frozen up in ice or snow.

It sheds water from rain and car washes extremely well. The inside of the bed stays dry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd like to know which tonneau cover did you get. I'm currently looking for a tonneau cover at 4WheelOnline. I'm having a hard time choosing which one I should get because there's a lot of good choices to consider. My initial choice would be a roll-up, but I saw tri-fold tonneau covers that look sturdier and easier to maintain than the rest.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Go through your own check list of exactly what you really NEED your cover to do, then ask yourself what you want, as far as options. That should give you a better idea of which way to go because, like you said, there are lots of options.
I needed something more solid. I keep some valuables locked in the bed and didnt want someone to just slice open a soft cover and take stuff. Didnt like hard roll ups because of cost and lost bed space so that led me to hard tri fold type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts