Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching tonneaus for my new (used) 2010 CM, and came across this by Amazon, listed in the Toyota manufacturer store: http://www.amazon.com/2007-2011-Toyota-Tundra-Tonneau-Cover/dp/B005CQ5ZI4/

Searching for the part number 00016-34821 on Google gets me a handful of Toyota dealership parts pages, but I can't find a single review or additional information.

Does anybody know what this is? Would you recommend it? The picture makes it look like it has front AND rear entry, and I can't find another suitable trifold that does that for less than $800. Looks tough too but I can't just trust that one picture.

Pic from amazon:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went with a TonnoPro tri-fold cover and love it. It doesn't have front and rear access - just rear access, but it installs in minutes with no tools, is very durable and you can use it open or closed while driving.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's helpful, I looked more into it and online reviews are solid. I would love a solid cover for security but the tonno pro has a sweet price, that may be what I pull the trigger on.

I still want to find out if my first link is an actual OEM tonneau by Toyota and what the features are.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I'm researching tonneaus for my new (used) 2010 CM, and came across this by Amazon, listed in the Toyota manufacturer store: Amazon.com: 2007-2011 Toyota Tundra Tonneau Cover for 5.5' Bed: Automotive

Searching for the part number 00016-34821 on Google gets me a handful of Toyota dealership parts pages, but I can't find a single review or additional information.

Does anybody know what this is? Would you recommend it? The picture makes it look like it has front AND rear entry, and I can't find another suitable trifold that does that for less than $800. Looks tough too but I can't just trust that one picture.

Pic from amazon:
That's a FoldACover LS. FoldACover has two models, the LS and G4. If you get a FoldACover, get the G4, it's a better cover.

Pics of FoldACover G4 Elite:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the G4, the only thing holding me back is budget... There are other accessories I want to throw on my new black beauty. That's a great price for an LS then, making it very attractive, I love that it is a solid tri fold and that I can be confident about the manufacturer. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love the Trifecta Limited Edition (canvas/vynil) on my black DC... Great quality, warranteed for life... Richt at my price point though the Tonno Pro was a close second...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, My name is Jeremy and I work for Fold a Cover. Thank you for the kind words regarding our G4 Elite and LS Series covers! If you are still in the market and interested in one of our covers you might like the promotions that are being run right now on our factory store. Up to $125 off with free shipping! If you have any questions drop me an email or give me a call. [email protected] (616) 871-3065.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Jeremy, thank you for being on the forum!

There's one thing that really bothers me about FAC: Some of the installations involve setting the rails and cover on the truck, marking the rails' position with tape, then removing the rails and cover. It's almost impossible to reposition the rails in the exact same spot via the tape. Any improvement in this step would be GREATLY appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts