Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on a while ago and gave me this code. Anyone know what it is? Also, how do I get the stinkin drive shaft out. I have taken the rear nuts and bolt out of the rear yoke and the one from the front. I have yanked and pulled and pryed. Are they just prone to rusting in place? Do I need a bigger hammer? I am trying to change out the carrier bearing.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
well i dont know about the code but the driveshaft.... well i have had to take mine out twice. first off dont forget the 2 bolts for the carrier bearing, i used a flathead screwdriver and a regular hammer and started knocking it loose where it was attatched . it will eventually come out but just dont drop it on yourself like i almost did.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The check engine light came on a while ago and gave me this code. Anyone know what it is? Also, how do I get the stinkin drive shaft out. I have taken the rear nuts and bolt out of the rear yoke and the one from the front. I have yanked and pulled and pryed. Are they just prone to rusting in place? Do I need a bigger hammer? I am trying to change out the carrier bearing.
P0420(Bank 1)/P0430(Bank 2)
After engine and catalyst are warmed up, and while vehicle is
driven within set vehicle and engine speed range, waveforms
of heated oxygen sensors have same amplitude (2 trip detection
logic)
 Gas leak on exhaust system
 Heated oxygen sensor
 Three-way catalytic converter

·
Registered
483 Posts
The most likely culprit is a lazy or dead O2 sensor. Cats/pre-cats have been along for decades, their premature death does seldom happens.

Since urs is a 2K1 vehicle, it is time for the O2s to be replaced anyway!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont know about the code but the driveshaft.... well i have had to take mine out twice. first off dont forget the 2 bolts for the carrier bearing, i used a flathead screwdriver and a regular hammer and started knocking it loose where it was attatched . it will eventually come out but just dont drop it on yourself like i almost did.
Driveshaft problem solved. BIGGER hammer and pry bar. I greased up the joints and replaced the carrier bearing and allis good now. As for the trouble code, I replaced the rear o2 sensor on the passenger side after the cat. I'll go ahead and order sensor for the front tomorrow. Also, is there an easier way to get the front driveshaft out without having to pull the transmission crossmember out? The output shaft seal on the transfer case is shot and needs to be replaced.:ts:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts