Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power door locks in my 2014 Tundra CM Limited are failing. Sometimes they work okay, and sometimes not. The rear doors are locking and unlocking, but the driver's door and front passenger door don't always work. The remote key fob, the unlock button on the door, and even inserting the key into the door lock cylinder does not always work. I have to climb in the back seat and reach all the way forward and toggle the switch to the unlock position.

Back in December I was having the problem with just the driver door. At that time, I could unlock the door by inserting the key into the lock. At that time, I read a thread about the $5 motor being the most common culprit, so I ordered one on ebay and went about replacing it. I got everything taken apart only to find out that I ordered the wrong motor. After I put it all back together, it was working fine again for over two months. The problem has come back, is affecting both front doors, and it is actually worse now, since I can't unlock the door even with the key.

I'd like to try replacing the relay. Which relay controls the door locks, and where is it? Is this repair shown in the Haynes manual?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts