Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my crewmax was going to be here today, its not. now sometime this week i am told. what is the deal, how does a dealer track the trucks? i am being told once in transit they can no longer track. is this true?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
so my crewmax was going to be here today, its not. now sometime this week i am told. what is the deal, how does a dealer track the trucks? i am being told once in transit they can no longer track. is this true?
this is true, it normally says it is here in our system a couple of days before it actually gets here. I got my first one today

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks................
i guess i am getting a little worried, i want my truck!
why doesnt toyota use some type of gps tracking rfid or something. walmart uses them on everything. that would be sweet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea, according to my salesmen my Crewmax is in "transit" right now with a scheduled delivery date range of the 26th (yesterday) through the 29th (thursday) I sure do hope it shows up tomorrow or Thursday.....

are the delivery trucks usually pretty good about getting product delivered within that 3 day window???

·
Registered
58 Posts
SFTundraMan,
Is there anyway of telling us east coasters what may show up.
Thanks.
B.T.W., We need pic's. of the Crewmax

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if anyone sees a carrier with a silver crew max in the tri state area, tell him to drive f'in faster, I need my crewmax.
i still dont get it. carrier leaves on a certain day, and it takes a certain amount of time to arrive. how can it not be narrowed down to at least two days?
if they sell my crewmax from under me i will be pissed! i just have a deposit at this point.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The biggest reason for delays is that Toyota's inventory will show, Arriving, Freight, or Ground. Ground means its at the port and just needs to be put on a transport truck. Now the dilemma surfaces when you have more vehicles in Ground status than transport trucks delivering. Right now we get between 3-4 transports a week. Well we sometimes have 40-50 cars at port and then it just becomes luck of the draw if the vehicle with the D-ETA 3/26-3/29 beats the D-ETA 3/23-3/36 vehicle. Then the one that was supposed to be there on Monday gets bumped to Wednesday while another vehicle leapfrogs it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The crew max that arrived yesterday had a window of 26th to 29th as well. Got here on the 27th.

Being the smart man that I am, I told the customer it would be here by April 15th and gave myself plenty of lead way for unexpected changes.

Now He loves me because it got here early.

So whatever day your sales man states that it is coming, add two weeks to that and your truck will get here early too, lol

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
if anyone sees a carrier with a silver crew max in the tri state area, tell him to drive f'in faster, I need my crewmax.
i still dont get it. carrier leaves on a certain day, and it takes a certain amount of time to arrive. how can it not be narrowed down to at least two days?
if they sell my crewmax from under me i will be pissed! i just have a deposit at this point.
the key is no one actually knows what day the carrier leaves so they wont know what day it will arrive

my port is only 25 miles away and it still takes 3 days to get here.

since you know the vin number of your car, you can go in and sign the paperwork now to ensure they cant sell the truck to anyone else. Most dealers will let you do that. You still can back out at any point if the truck gets here and you dont like it. No deal is final until you drive off the lot no matter what the dealer tells you

·
Registered
91 Posts
well I got a phone call from my salemen at 8:00 sharp this morning telling me that my Crewmax HAS ARRIVED!:tu: :tu:

So I will be picking it up this afternoon :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
So sorry to hear that. I know how badly you want that CrewMax. Toyota's tracking system is not the best. My CrewMax was built in Princeton, IN. How do these truck get shipped from the factory to New Jersey? Are they put on haulers or do they come in by rail? I have a feeling you'll have your CM latest by tomorrow.

Good luck:tu:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts