Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Tacoma. I recently purchased a used UWS truck box for it. In the box was one mechanism for fastening it to the truck. Obviously I need two. The fastener is an aluminum block that slides into the rails on each side of the bed. The block has a threaded hole to accept a bolt coming down from the interior of the truck box. I checked and this is not a UWS part. I've looked on the web and can't find it either. Does anyone know of a source for this fastener?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just mounted a cross bed truck box using these j hooks:
Everbilt 1/4 in. x 4-1/4 in. Steel Clothesline Hook-10096 at The Home Depot

You hook the bed rail with these and tighten the bolts to clamp it down snug. It works great, and you don't need to put any holes in your truck. Make sure to get some big fender washers so you don't rip out the slots in your box. Also, Make sure you that you get hooks that have threading far enough down so that you can tighten the bed up. I get a set of bigger hooks first, but the threading only went about halfway down.

One thing I was concerned about with this method is securing the box to the bed. I managed to line the slots of the box up with the hole in the bedrail that is designed to stick side walls on. I was then able to secure one of the j-hooks down inside this post hole. Because the nuts are locked inside the box, I am fairly happy with the security of it. It would be hard to loosen the bolts because you can't spin the hook end or get a wrench on the nuts. But, next time I'm around someone who welds, I am going to have then tack on a short piece of chain so I can lock the box to the bed. ***LOVE LIVING IN THE CITY***

1 - 3 of 3 Posts