Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the truck and installed a alarm remote start in it over the weekend. Things turned out great, but now I have noticed the door chime chimes when the drivers door is open, kind of like of you left the key in or the lights on, but there not. I honestly do not remember this happening before but I had the truck for a day before the project began. Does not seem normal to me. Only the driver's door does it, opening the others does not make it do this.

I know I was around the ignition harnesses for the over ride module for the start, anything I should look for? I know it has the key sense, does it just loop a ground when the key is in?

Just for reference I have disconnected all the wires to the alarm, the remote start and the bypass module checking for a back feed, still does it. Lights do not stay on after the door is closed (like a door is open).

Thanks for any thoughts,

Chuck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah and if anyone needs help with alarm remote start PM me, more than glad to help.

Chuck

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
do the parking lights come on after you unlock it? reason i asked, i put an ebay alarm in a neon and the parking lights would light up when u unlocked it - kinda like approach lights on my old corvette- and if you opened the door then the dinger would sound cause the lights were on...otehr than that, i duno. but no, the chime shouldnt do it w/o key in or lights on and just the door open.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Might be out in left field here but.

My truck will bong once when i open the door on the way out or in when the sunroof is open. 2010 CM ltd

Drove me nuts trying to figure it out. I have the auto headlights , so the truck turns them on and off for me.

Martin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried every variable with the lights, sunroof was closed, I think I may have hit something on the wiring that tells the truck the key is in the ignition somewhere. Thanks for the help guys, but I guess I'll have to rip her back apart.

Chuck

·
Registered
379 Posts
the bypass modules usually connect to the key sense wire for a "factory disarm" mode... but you don't need this if you did a factory disarm in the kick with the unlock wires (or if you don't have the factory alarm activated). That's where I'd look first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bypass module is for remote start, not the factory disarm. I never got any factory remotes (they lost them) which is no big deal as I knew I would be installing my own system, but in turn I have never tried to use the factory alarm. Really don't think that's the problem though..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you connect anything to the key sense wire? If you're using it or not, if you connected to it, it might be the cause.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was my initial thought so I disconnected the module that was running to it so basically the wire went no where and it still did it... About to tear it back apart.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That's where I'd start... if that wire is grounded anywhere along the path, it will cause the chime only with the drivers door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I have disconnected all my alarm / remote start stuff with no change, it chimes with the door open. The keysense connector with the grey and white/ black both show grounds either connected or disconnected, so something is wrong. Where is the module these wires go to, maybe it has a short in the module? IF I knew where the plug is I can disconnect it on the other end and see if there is a short in the wire or in the module.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have tried that but the ground is on the wire, so I need to find the other end of the wires,thats why I need to know where the module goes to..

·
Registered
379 Posts
So you didn't connect any aftermarket wires to the key sense wire at the ignition and the wire always shows ground at the ignition? That harness should go right down the column, over the top, and around to the BCM up behind the fuse panel on the left side of the driver's dash. I believe it stays the same color all the way down.

The ignition may be stuck as well... you can always graphite the cylinder and work your key back and forth to see if it'll pop loose...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the wires both show a ground whether the harness is hooked up or not at the ignition. This is a strange problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not at the truck right now, I know the one wire is grey, but if anyone knows where the other wire goes to,connector and pin I can disconnect it and see what it reads there..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Key Sense GRAY OR LIGHT GREEN (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
AT BODY ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE IN DRIVER KICKPANEL, WIRE IS LIGHT GREEN AT BODY ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE

that's all I can find... maybe someone has the Toyota pin out for the BCM

It's exceptionally weird that both wires still read ground when the harness is unplugged... I'd seriously look at cutting the light green at the BCM :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the BCM module there is a small plug that if disconnected stops the chime with no real other effects, seatbelt still chimes like normal, so it must be the plug.. Thanks for all the help guys. For now thats all I have done, I will test it later to determine the cause of the short.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but I'm having this same problem. Any update on the fix??? Or anyone else experience this. I have a 2009 tundra that I was just working on the stereo and now the door chimes with no key in the ignition and drivers door open.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts