Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed last night that when I hit the lock button on my truck it doesn't beep it just started this I believe it used to beep when I hit the lock button on the key fob it still beeps when I unlock but not lock any ideas!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Is it actually locking, but just not beeping? (make sure you check all doors to see if they've really locked)
Do you have a Limited?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Usually if something is not shut all the way it makes a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep to let you know. Mine does anyway.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
NO NO i have the exact same problem currently...if the passenger side is not locked the truck will not beep...but when you push the remote button it wont lock the passenger door and vise versa wont unlock the passenger door if its locked...so i have to go around open the door and lock it or lock it before i get out from the truck for the truck to beep lock...and its funny one day it starting working properly and another day it went back to not beeping...i want to take it to toyota and have them check it out but our hawaii dealerships are like SERVCO and they suck

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Hey krewitup13...this ones for YOU !!! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same problem. Before taking it into the dealer, make sure all of the locks are in the unlocked position. My daughter had pushed the lock button halfway on her door and it would not lock with the remote. Once I checked all of the doors and found that the button was halfway pushed in, I just unlocked it all the way and everything started working again. Hope this helps.

Bill

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the same problem. Be fore taking it into the dealer, make sure all of the locks are in the unlocked position. My daughter had pushed the lock button halfway on her door and it would not lock with the remote. Once I checked all of the doors and found that the button was halfway pushed in, I just unlocked it all the way and everything started working again. Hope this helps.

Bill
That was it someone had rolled one of the locks halfway and it wasn't locking so I rolled it to the unlock position and works perfectly now!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Man I learn so much info on this site! I'm glad it worked out for you *******. Good info Who.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
See that little scales of justice right next to his (who1975) posts, #7 or 9, upper right corner, give him some well deserved rep points.

Folks piss & moan about how the pt system is or is not used. Nothing technical here, reward the dude for a great, albeit simple, answer. :thumb:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
See that little scales of justice right next to his (who1975) posts, #7 or 9, upper right corner, give him some well deserved rep points.

Folks piss & moan about how the pt system is or is not used. Nothing technical here, reward the dude for a great, albeit simple, answer. :thumb:
Thanks for the coaching but I'm way ahead of you....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the points. I am not sure how the work, but am appreciative of them. I am just happy that I actually contributed to the site for once. I have learned so much from so many people on here. It is amazing that I actually had an answer that worked.

Bill
:tu:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Thanks for the points. I am not sure how the work, but am appreciative of them. I am just happy that I actually contributed to the site for once. I have learned so much from so many people on here. It is amazing that I actually had an answer that worked.

Bill
:tu:
If you click user CP on the top left of the screen you can see recent points you've recieved and from who with comments. I didn't pay attention to them for the longest time but it is a good system.

·
Registered
131 Posts
alright back to the subject (although i do have alot of respect for cops and firefighters)...

my DC tundy recently stopped unlocking and locking the drivers and passengers front doors... so frustrating. sometimes, randomly, the front door will unlock in the mornings but its completely random. I have been manually locking my front doors for about a month now and its about to drive me insane. someone please help!

ben

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same problem last month, and realized that I had not "seated" the cables back in their locked positions after removing the inner door panel. The door handles worked etc, but the power lock could not engage without the cable locked in place. The lack of beep told me something was wrong, and then I discovered that the door was not locking. Of course easy fix, removed the door panel, checked the cables and popped the loose one back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Before taking it into the dealer, make sure all of the locks are in the unlocked position. My daughter had pushed the lock button halfway on her door and it would not lock with the remote. Once I checked all of the doors and found that the button was halfway pushed in, I just unlocked it all the way and everything started working again. Hope this helps.

Bill
This actually helps, you just help me sleep tonight I was planning to go to the dealer tomorrow morning. My son partially unlocked his door and I wound even notice. Once I lock and unlock his door it works just fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
This actually helps, you just help me sleep tonight I was planning to go to the dealer tomorrow morning. My son partially unlocked his door and I wound even notice. Once I lock and unlock his door it works just fine
Pretty old thread but good to hear it was able to help you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts