Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am killing myself third accident in three mouths this really sucks

A landscaper did not tie down his load and lost a dozen or so retaining wall blocks and one hit me in the rear passenger side door 1500 buck worth of damage and the dirt bag never stopped

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wonder who is liable for this? I had a dumptruck loaded with rock ahead of me in my 05. I stayed back, but then Thwack... left a mark the size of a silver dollar.

I followed the guy and got the information off his truck, then called my insurance agent. I was told that the driver of this truck was not liable.

Larger items I am not sure. I think (but legally?) that if anything comes out of the back, it should be the responsibility of the driver, or owner of said vehicle. If you are transporting rock, use a tarp. If you are transporting something larger tie it down. I use tie downs, but maybe I should just load the back and leave the tailgate down! :mad:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to watch what I type I been warn for using bad words

So no I was unable to follow and no one got a plate there was 18 car involved in this not all where damage but just involved in the may-lay
one block hit a Lexus in the windshield at the rear view mirror crushed the roof back to the back of the sunroof the same stone them land in the grill of a civic doing 70 or 80 and stood the car straight up on it's front bumper {I would not of believed if I didn't see it} another one hit my truck then a lowered S10 he got hit hard and it went under and crush a hole lot of stuff {oil pans and such} one just missed a guy on a Goldwing and a guy in a Vette got hit in the rear from a ricochet

·
Registered
699 Posts
Man that is the craziest thing I;ve heard in a long time. glad your alright was anyone hurt? Thats why I dont drive a civic(or any other small car) well that and I tow alot of stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts