Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was messing around out side today and was looking at the truck and was thinking of the 5100. so i whiped out my measuring tape and found someting very odd. back driver was 36", driver front 34", passanger back 35 1/2", passanger front 34 1/2". just want to know is this the same on everones?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
It could be the ground you were on. Gas tank is on the driver side for Tundra's. Odd measurements, sounds like the truck is teeter tottering.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it is messed up it is messed up no matter what system you measure it in. went and remeasured it in the work parking lot and got front driver 34 1/8", front passanger 34 3/4, back driver 36 11/16, passanger back 36 1/4. you tell me

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You will NEVER find a perfectly flat driveway or concrete pad to be able to measure the height of each fender.

If you can find a (very straight) 4X4 piece of wood, try to drive over it and use shims to level it. Then see if you can measure the fender heights as well as the wheel centers heights, that would be a lot more accurate then concrete I think.

As mentioned above, make sure your tires are the same brand, same wear and same air pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts