Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so please be nice. I did a quick search but I'm more in a panic stage than thinking stage. I currently have 88k miles on my 2003 tundra and decided to do a transmission flush. I spent the 6 hours taking off my tranny pan, scraping off the sealant, and flushing through the transmission cooler.

Here's the problem I am having. When my truck slows down and comes to a complete stop from normal operating speeds (30 mph), the truck seems to be stuck. I can step on the gas pedal and it feels as if I'm in Park. After a few seconds (5-6) the truck would jump as in being yanked. Please someone shine in some answers. I'm leaving in a few days to go drive on the dalton hwy and want no problems in the middle of the wilderness. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you check the fluid level while the engine was running, or while the engine was stopped? I believe the engine has to be running for the fluid level to read correctly on the dipstick, otherwise it's probably underfilled, which would cause what you're describing (I did that on my Tacoma before- adding fluid correctly while the engine was running fixed it).

-Dave

·
Registered
483 Posts
First, check the levels while the vehicle is in D. Have someone behind the wheels with the tranny in D and then you should check the fluid level, it should be between H and L.

Second, did you keep the surface clean while dropping the pan and all the stuff u did while the pan was dropped. Cleanliness is a very MUST. U didn't monkey with the soleniods or valve body right. Dropped and cleaned and put it back, right.

Third, always clear all the mappings from the ECM. Disconnect battery for entire night, it will make the ECM know there is better soup in there and that it has to relearn the shift patterns!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts