Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all (well most of us do!) love our trucks. But to what extent are we 'anal' about it? What rules do you guys have about riding in your truck?

For me, it's pretty much

1) No milk drinks
2) No dogs in the cabin without seats up and floor covered.
3) NO SMOKING!

Other than that, I am pretty easy.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
No smoking!
No food for my son except chicken nuggets and fries.
No leaving trash in the passenger door compartments (wife)

This should be a funny thread!! Points sent
Edit: Won't let me send you any more points!

·
Registered
916 Posts
No smoking. Can't really enforce the no food rule though. The truck will be the vacation vehicle and 7 hours with the wife, sister in law and 2 toddlers requires at least 1 pit stop. I have small dogs and they ride with us all the time, thats what a vacuum cleaner is for. Its a truck, but still try to wipe as much dirt of your boots and clothes as possible.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have to agree with MaylonTRD on the (passenger side trash).
-My wife got into my truck with a milkshake that had no LID!!!!
-If looks could have killed. She did that in our brand new Outback and trashed the console.
She might be banned from riding altogether.:censored:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well I got a few rules.

You spill your food or drink you clean or pay to clean!

No shoes on seats

No tools or work material in cab, if it dont fit in bed I dont haul it! (for my job)

The most important rule don't touch the radio!

No smoking

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Well I got a few rules.

You spill your food or drink you clean or pay to clean!

No shoes on seats

No tools or work material in cab, if it dont fit in bed I dont haul it! (for my job)

The most important rule don't touch the radio!

No smoking
Good one

·
Registered
68 Posts
well most of these rules seem pretty standard, here are mine:

If you brought it in take it out with you

no tools up front

no feet on the dash (wife likes to relax on long drives)

no smoking

clean up your own mess

dont put your hands all over my windows

and most important, if theres going to be sex in my truck I better be involved (drunken nights with friends, camping, concerts, Jamborees, and so on... )

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wash and vaccuum my truck every saturday. I work in construction, so i make the guys stomp the mud/dirt off their boots b4 getting in. I am ok with most drinks, but a little hesitant on food in my truck. Absolutly no smoking, but i really dont have a problem with that cause i dont know anyone who smokes. I have only had my truck for one month, so i havent had too many people ride with me. no problems so far.

·
Registered
424 Posts
well most of these rules seem pretty standard, here are mine:

If you brought it in take it out with you

no tools up front

no feet on the dash (wife likes to relax on long drives)

no smoking

clean up your own mess

dont put your hands all over my windows

and most important, if theres going to be sex in my truck I better be involved (drunken nights with friends, camping, concerts, Jamborees, and so on... )
:pound: The last one is AWESOME!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
- no smoking. im a social smoker but i never smoke in anything i drive except my TJ

- no kids. my niece always wants a jeep ride. she waited until she was out of my rhino lined jeep (which i hose out) to puke mc d's in our 3i coupe, anyone ever cleaned half digested fries off leather? no fun.

- only golden retrievers inside. cause we have one and its the dumbest smart dog ever. eats rocks but obeys every command i give him.

- no beer unless i approve it. sorry but bud just doesn't cut it

- i will not help you move without one weeks notice and then i only operate on thin crust pep pizza and 90 minute IPA.

- you cannot use the bed of my truck as a TRASH CAN

- yes i park fifteen minutes away from the mall front door, the bar, etc. if you want me to drop you off please inform the driver but i don't want some idiot slamming his minivan door into me

- wife cleans her hair off the seats once a week. you ever seen a redhead shed? its like having a golden retriever, oh wait... never mind.

- friends who want rides kick in for gas. im not a taxi, sorry you blew all your money buying fat girls grapebombs but i gotta pay so you gotta pay

- sorry you dont like dave matthews, jack johnson, allman brothers, etc but you can walk

- why do you have to plug your phone, ipod, etc into every cig lighter? you pay your electric bills at home? lol.

-summer gets carpet mat, winter/spring/fall gets rubber. use them, knock snow etc off your shoes before getting in or you get to steam clean carpet

that's about it i guess.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Guess I'm odd man out.

I'm anal about the maintenance on my truck.

Other than that it's only no loading/leaning over the sides of the box. Keep your feet off the dash. Use the ash-tray.

My truck is a work truck and more often than not a jobsite office.

I smoke in it and allow others to do so.

We eat lunch in it more often than not in the cool/cold weather - including milkshakes.

In nasty weather the back of the cab becomes a tool box when the one in the box overflows.

I've hauled rock, old brick, old concrete, lumber, shingles, and just about any other construction debris/materials one can think of ... in the box of the truck.

Occasionally, our giant malamute gets the back seat in the cab.

Interior and exterior still look darn good ... except for a small split in the driver's seat on the door side. Some days I drag my a$$ in and out of the truck.

·
Registered
333 Posts
No feet on the dash
No leaning on it as we shoot the schitt ( I literally have stopped mid-conversation to tell people to get off of it)
DO NOT EVER TAKE IT TO A CARWASH

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
kids can only have DRY foods...like crackers and stuff that will vacuum easily.

absolutely no smoking. ever. but thats not really an issue i dont know anyone stupid enough to think thats cool.

no pets. cant stand pet hair in a car.

no feet on the seats, only in the floor or dangling off the car seats if they cant reach the floor.

no leaning on the truck. ever. dont touch my truck.

no one besides my wife and i drive the truck.

if u have a drink in my truck dont leave it in my cup holder.

if its muddy when u get in, grab the cheap plastic floormat from under the seat to put over the stock one.

pretty much all the same rules for any car ive ever owned.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
No smoking.
No heavy perfume. I don't want the seat belts to retain perfumes.
No leaning on the side of the truck. It's paper thin and will dent real easy.
No door slamming. No need to do that.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No getting in without a white clean suit.....

Only drinking cup allowed is the kids spill-proof kind (adults included)

Blue slip-overs on all shoes, boots, and flip flips. (no Heels allowed)

Mittens on all folks with nails longer than 1/8 inch, otherwise purple silicone gloves required......

Hair nets required (under the clean suit).

face mask required if sneezing, coughing, or puking is expected.

No food (including gum).... for drinking -only distilled water....

No smoking.....

No release of any body fliuds....

No newsprint, magazines, or paper of any kind.....

No foul odored passengers or folks dripping with perfume....

Only exemption to the above -- naked female strippers btwn 21 and 30.....

·
Registered
598 Posts
No crossing your legs while in the front passenger seat. That's because the toe of your shoe hits my dash. No soda unless it's diet. Why diet, because if it spills it drys like water because it doesn't have sugar. No sticky mess!! You need to lose a couple of pounds anyway. Oh, and no farting unless you put your window down first. I hate when people fart and wait for you to smell it. I only get to do it because I have the window lock on my side.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Now this is an original thread!

·
Registered
797 Posts
No crossing your legs while in the front passenger seat. That's because the toe off your shoe hits my dash. No soda unless it's diet. Why diet, because if it spills it drys like water because it doesn't have sugar. No sticky mess!! You need to lose a couple of pounds anyway. Oh, and no farting unless you put your window down first. I hate when people fart and wait for you to smell it. I only get to do it because I have the window lock on my side.
hahahaha:gasmask: points sent!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts