Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went to go turn the key on the truck earlier and it started, turned over, and choked. It probably hit about 1000-1200 rpm (not it's normal VROOM) and it died. Granted, I was parked sloping to the right and I have probably 4 gallons of gas in there (low fuel light).

It had no trouble starting immediately after that and then again after McDonalds.

I'm thinking freak accident, but any ideas anyway?

-rockstate

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
The only time I have noticed this is after I disconnect and then reconnect the battery.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ONLY thing I can think of that would be similar is I reset my maintenance light tonight beforehand.

-rockstate

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had it happen when disconnecting the battery for mods.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. No battery disconnect lately... although, I did have a problem with one of the battery terminals coming loose and leaving me hang for a good 10 minutes til I figured out wth happened.

-rockstate

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I'd lean towards the aforementioned battery tidbits, however, I cant get a good grasp of your
VROOM sound. Can you describe that a little better.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it sounds like this....

haha jk, but seriously I thought that was kinda funny.

-rockstate

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The only time I have noticed this is after I disconnect and then reconnect the battery.
Yup.

Also, one time I had it happen for no reason. When I start my truck I just bump the key and let the truck do the rest, so I figured the truck just didn't engage the starter quite long enough.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup.

Also, one time I had it happen for no reason. When I start my truck I just bump the key and let the truck do the rest, so I figured the truck just didn't engage the starter quite long enough.
I've had that happen in both our 4runner and my Tundra but not once has it actually fired and then quit during the start up VROOM (you happy spenser :p)

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Maybe something weird going on with the engine immobilizer?? They act sorta like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts