Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after puting in three tool boxes and loading them up, I noticed the back of the truck sits kinda low. Is there a kit I can put on to raise just the back or do I have to do some kind of leveling kit? Never raised a truck before, only lowered cars.

Thanks for your imput and advise

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Depending on what you're you doing, you can lift the front and throw some bags on the rear.

You can also do Supersprings in the rear and not mess with the front or do SSs in the rear and lift the frnot as well.

Depends on the look you're after, but airbags will hold weight a bit better. The Supersprings prolly would change the ride less when unloaded (but that doesn't seem to be a concern).

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
yeah what he ^^ said. Cheapest way to bring it back up would be add a leaf. If you don't plan to have the load in the back all the time and you are concerned about ride quality the air bags would be the way to go. Personally I don't have experience with either but I would imagine that the air bags would be considerably more expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I have air bags and think they are great. I would recomend them for any one who wants to talor the height of their ride.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the concept of the airbag approach is slick - particularly if you have on-board air and can fill them up without having to stop at a gas station.

BUT it seems like literally everybody I know who has had airbags ends up having problems with them leaking.

I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time and expect that after several years they'd take a dump on ya, but maybe some folks here have used airbags for multiple years with no problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I just add a leaf spring or add some kind of block kit? I was looking at toyatechlift.com and they have some many kinds of lift kit. I'm more confused than ever!! The airbad is nice but kinda pricy.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
You could do a add-a-leaf and stiffen up the rear. If you are always going to have the same weight in the back I guess you could do a block but if you take the weight out the then rear would sit up even higher than the front. If that makes sense...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could do a add-a-leaf and stiffen up the rear. If you are always going to have the same weight in the back I guess you could do a block but if you take the weight out the then rear would sit up even higher than the front. If that makes sense...
If I do the leaf, it would stiffen up the rear but will it also lift the rear back up 2"?

Yes, i'm going to have the same weight in the rear give or take. My saddle box weights 94, side box 46, and pack rat 322 lbs. EMPTY with any tools and they are loaded up. So I currently have about a guesstimate weight around 1500 lbs extra at all times.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts