Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 4.7L tundra
Ok here is my problem. When I start my truck with comand start, all I hear is just cranking and that's it, so then I put the key in and then cranks for a moment and then starts. After the episode happens I can start the truck perfectly with comand start or with the key. It seems to be going in cycles and randomly. Has anybody had this happen to them? Has anybody figured out what it is? I saw somthing posted posted on the forum a while back and I have been looking on forum and on tundra talk net as well. Does anybody have the pdf file on the igintion system that could look at.

I just recently, purchased Canobd2 reader. Now can I have the scanner hooked up to the truck and then try the comand start, or do I just use the key. I just dont want to screw up the truck's ecu with the canobd.
:frustrated3d:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
It might help to remind yourself that the truck will self-crank for up to 20 seconds until it starts, its not like the old days where you could crank your engine like crazy until it blew apart. :p

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
What's command start? is that remote start?

I have had my truck not start on me twice in the past 2-3 weeks. Might be the battery though on my truck. I will monitor it.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
What's command start? is that remote start?

I have had my truck not start on me twice in the past 2-3 weeks. Might be the battery though on my truck. I will monitor it.

-rockstate
Same question here too. Command start??? If it's remote start could it by the bypass it needs to start without the key.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When dealer installed my command start, they his a valet key inside the steering column to bypass the need for a chipped key, real handy as you can have a $5.00 key cut to start your truck. Maybe they used the same system, and the valet key moved too far from the ignition switch, causing sporadic performance. If your truck consistently starts with the normal Toyo key, consider the command unit bypass or a similar cheat to mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My vote is for the ignition over ride system.
The day after I got my new truck,(5.7 DCB Spruce Mica) I had a cheap key $2.00 made that will give me acces to the door but will not start the truck. ( I had one for my GMC and it saved me a hand full of times when I locked myself out).
My point is that I tested the new key in the door and also in the ingition, it would just crank the motor but not fire.
I would use your remote start, and when your problem occures, jump in and use your key with the chip in it, if it fires, you might have found your promblem.
SScott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts