Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST IN CASE ANYONE HAS BEEN WAITING TRUEFLOW JUST RELEASED THE XDI INTAKE FOR THE 2005 - 2007 TACOMA, ON 4-26-07:tu: True Flow

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Added A Link.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes It Is , If You Have It Available You Should Be Able To Buy! Its Not Even On There Own Website. When You Do A Product Search!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, The Website Said It Was Available Last Thursday, 4-26-07

·
Registered
355 Posts
It just came out today, and we are in the process of updating our website \.:ts:
Wow, thats cool that you come over here, neat company.

Anyway...do you have a specs sheet or maybe a few pictures or anything for it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys it has been a while. I just got the XDI intake and man it is reall awesome. I got it specially shipped to me in california. I got it yesterday and put it on immediately.

Con I only had two issues. When you want to hear that good sound and you step on it you get a lot of vibration in the pedal and rattles in the cab. When you install the unit in your truck it doesn't line up directly with your stock fender air hole. I would of likes to see it be directly lined up on the hole but it is still good.

Pro I love the way it performs. I dont know if it is just me but i got a good amount of tourch you can really feel it. Also the sound is nice when you stomp on it and it disappears when you relax and do your daily driving. Install was easy. Price was actually not bad. I got it out the door for 375.00.

I think i am one of the first in california tog et one. I had to get it directly shipped from the manefacture to my local shop. I would recocommend this to everyone that wants an intake.

REspond if your interested i will post picture!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is the foam filter in that intake oiled? Also does the intake mount up to the stock air passage hole in the firewall/Fender? Thanks for any info....

·
Registered
103 Posts
It doesnt line up perfectly but it does the job. There is no screwing involved. Yeah the filter is little oiled but it isnt layered like the K&N filters. Check out the site. TRUEFLOW.com it is really good site and look at the movie they have on there it is pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i purchased the xdi intake and have to say that i will be sending it back, i was very dissapointed with the quality of the product, my friend has a 2001 intake from true flow which was the main reason i purchased the xdi myself. His uses the factory air box.. The intake tube was out of round on the one end, the screws were corroded for the maf sensor, and the canister was also out of round... It was really loud while accelerating, and a lot of vibration.... I would be interested in buying a filter for the stock air box or the intake which uses the factory air box.. i think they are the best filter out there but just did not like this product..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts