Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing on the Tundra forum even though I've got a Sequoia because I think I'll get more replies here, hopefully.
I've got the same engine as the Tundra, it's a 4.7L V8 2UZFE, 2005 model limited.

I went with a truflow, an intake that just replaces the tube and filter.
I love the intake tube itself, it gets rid of a big restriction. The torque improvement is great also. I was careful to install it properly, and all vacuum lines are in place. I blotted all the excess oil on the foam filter and took it for a test drive. I love this intake, but on the 2nd day I got the engine check light/vsc/trac lights. I cleaned the MAF as I thought I might have gotten some oil on it. I had the dealer reset the fuel learning on the computer too.

I'm still getting the engine check/vsc/trac lights. I've been positive to tighten everything down very carefully and all lines are properly installed. Filter is not wet and I've even tried things with the stock filter again.

I'm wondering whether anyone has been successful in installing the Truflow into a 2005-2006-2007 Tundra or Sequoia without the engine check lights coming on. I would be grateful for any advice, as I do not want to go back to stock now that I'm enjoying this torque boost.

Sincerely-
taiko

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Is your MAF installed backwards? I have to second Tundradrenalin's request for a code - that would be immensely helpful. I have run a True Flow set-up without a single problem for close to 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies highwaylizard and tundrenalin.
I have no idea of the CEL code. I've been thinking of getting a scangaugeII but don't have one yet.
The MAF is installed the right way...I didn't touch it before/after the Truflow install. Worked fine with the stock intake with no lights before I installed it. After cleaning I put it in the right way. I also pulled the negative battery terminal and let the ECU reset. The light hasn't come on today yet: i'm hoping that it will stay off.
I know that Truflow went out of business, and I've read other posts about Truflows getting the check engine light. Am hoping that there might be a solution or a Truflow owner who might have tried some tricks or adjustments. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
What is the code given by the CEL?
I have no idea of the CEL code. I've been thinking of getting a scangaugeII but don't have one yet.
The MAF is installed the right way...I didn't touch it before/after the Truflow install. Worked fine with the stock intake with no lights before I installed it. After cleaning I put it in the right way. I also pulled the negative battery terminal and let the ECU reset. The light hasn't come on today yet: i'm hoping that it will stay off.
I know that Truflow went out of business, and I've read other posts about Truflows getting the check engine light. Am hoping that there might be a solution or a Truflow owner who might have tried some tricks or adjustments. Thanks again
Okay - don't get mad just trying to help from somewhere where you are not. Never had a CEL from my True Flow but that does not help you. If it were me I would reinstall the stock set-up and see what happens. Going to take a minute to do all this but this could help narrow things down for you. Try the following combinations to try and narrow it down:

• Stock filter - True Flow Tube
  • True Flow Filter - Stock tube
  • Stock filter - Stock Tube
Hopefully this will shed some light. There is another guy here with a 2005 running a True Flow with no problems - give me a minute to remember his name. I am in the middle of cooking for the soon to be in-laws.

Found it: Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum - View Profile: Big_Al1

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
What is the product name of the cleaner you used and was it specified for MAF cleaning or for Throttle Body cleaning?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Truflow: there was no additional oil used on the filter, only the oil that was already pre-prepped in the filter upon opening the box.
The MAF is not backwards, it is the same as when stock, this is certain. It was cleaned by the dealer.
I have seen other posts of people with engine check lights with Truflow intakes so I do not think this is an isolated incident.
I have not seen the light today after the most recent reset of the ECU. I have heard that the MAFs in this engine are very sensitive and that the change in airflow may be enough to trigger the check light.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. I would prefer not to go back to stock however I may need to do so.
Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
WHERE DID U BUY IT?? ive been wanting to buy this same setup....

If you mean the truflow tube & filter try this guy on eBay, he had a kit that sold for $21.49 last week. (Ebay item # 110581246941)

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
What is the product name of the cleaner you used and was it specified for MAF cleaning or for Throttle Body cleaning?
The MAF is (for all the amazing things it does) a very delicate piece of equipment. What product did you use to clean it?

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
I'm kinda like the rest I would go by autozone to see what code its pulling.I've been running my trueflow intake since about 12k miles and never saw a check engine light until I hit 67k mile when my secondary air injection valve failed,got that replaced and now I'm good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts