Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Priced around $300 with the roll-up style and velcro. Supposedly better than the snap-style due to no stretching. Top mount, easy to install. Considering this and have two questions beyond any feedback from current owners. How do you know if your truck is the with or without bed cap style (not sure what bed caps are). Secondly, does anyone know where I can find them at lower than retail prices? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have one for 3 years now. I love it. Easy to use and almost waterproof inside the bed after the install. The truck is much quieter and no junt flipping up in into your rear window when you open it.

If you have a bedliner and the black caps on top of the bed, then you should get the cap style, which I what I have.

Install is fairly easy.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the low profile on my 03 for 3 yrs and then I got the deuce on my 06 and have had that for over 3 yrs as well. I think quality is great. Had a stamping issue on the 03 where I felt the cover had the texture stamped to deep into the material. They sent me a new cover. I never needed it and still have it since I think it is the same size material as the deuce I now have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed mine this afternoon. I was going to write a thread about the look and ease of this cover. I would highly recommend it, it looks great, (Pictures included). The total install once i figured out what i was doing was around 30 to 40 minutes. The cover itself was very tight to get to lock into place because it is new. If you have a bed liner get the bed cap one, at least i think thats the model. I have a liner and didnt get the bed cap one and i have a little space between the seal to the rails by the cab as the bedliner goes up and over the top of the box at the front of the bed. im going to wait and see how big of a deal this is as it doesnt need to be perfect, just good enough to keep my stuff dry, i dont store anything in there over long periods of time. as for pricing, i looked a few different places, ebay and other sites, as well as auto parts stores. I ended up getting it from O'Reilly's because they knocked the price down to 280 and I knew they were there if i had trouble getting everything put together. all and all it is a very easy install, i love the look and it should serve me well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good deal. I'm going to call the company that was provided within the link. And that picture of the recent install is great. Sounds like a good investment for the money.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I got a used one for my 06 DC off Craigslist for $100 about 4 months ago and couldn't be happier. It was well worth the $100 and after owning it, I'd do it again even for ~$300.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I got mine from Truck Alterations. I love the cover!
I do have a gap as the front of the bed, where the bed meet the cab. It states in the instructions that if you wanted it filled up, to use something to fill the gap. Personally, I just left a gap there and haven't had any problems with water getting in. I don't really keep stuff in the back, just want to be able to put stuff in the back to go home from the store, and not have lightweight items fly out.

Its easy to open and love how quick you get full access to the bed. Best cover I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
then I got the deuce on my 06 and have had that for over 3 yrs as well.

EDIT: Got everything tweaked as much as I could....but I still cant get the truxedo to sit flush w/ my bedrails, its about 1/8" higher, I dont really know if its supposed to sit flush or not. I tried searching for pics of Tundras w/ the deuce but no luck.

When I set the truxedo rails flush w/ the bedrails my tailgate wont close all the way. The tailgate sticks out about 1/8-3/16" up top on the drivers side taillight, so something is putting pressure on it. If its not too much to ask would you mind taking a picture of the rear w/ the cover and tailgate closed so I can see how high / low the cover sits compared to the Tundra bedrails.

Thanks! :tu:

·
Registered
137 Posts
RCsTundra
It's not to much to ask, just maybe to much to remember..LOL.
Mine sits with the rail edge about the level of the bed rail so most of the angle rises above the rail. That allows the back to close and the weather strip seals nicely against the tailgate. It's a low profile cover and if you look at the regular covers they sit well above the rail. The surface of the cover will never be flush with the rails. I think your problem with the gate not closing is a result of the velcro rails being mounted to low in the box.
I will try to get a couple pictures later, it's still dark outside and I need a little sleep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts