Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update: Click here to see the pics http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/truck-bed-tonneau-covers/152091-truxedo-truxport/#post1175457
It's in their value line and only comes with a 5 year warranty, but I just need to keep stuff dry and hidden on trips. I'm not expecting super water tight, super safe, or super gas milage. I just need a good cover at a good price.

I got it shipped for $269.00 + a tailgate seal and a bottle of cleaner.
Should be arriving in about a week. I'll post pics and my thoughts when that happens.

This is the second time I bought something form Mechanics Warehouse Truck Accessories is our Specialty
Great family business near Flint, MI. Perfect customer service. I always check there first.

Here is the stock picture. I'll post my own when I get it on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They are nice covers... we sell a ton of them. You can't really beat them in their price range.

Of course we sell them for $235.99 shipped.... but you still got an OK deal anyway...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WoW! That is a good deal. Too bad Truxedo won't let you advertise that on your site. Mine should be arriving tomorrow.

*product arrived today 3DEC2008. Can't wait to dig in!

**Don't get to open until Christmas. Waiting...

·
Registered
256 Posts
hey truckalter i have 04 tundra DC with TracRac system, how much a truxedo tonneau cover will cost that will go with TracRac ?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok pics aren't far off. We have beautiful 50F weather and I got to open my gifts today. yipeee!

I installed the tailgate seal this morning. Neat thing is I never knew how much noise the tailgate made. Now it's all tight and quite. Must have been clanging around and I didn't know it.

Off to install bed cover...

Just got back inside...Took an hour. Looks good. aluminum bolts in c clamps are weak. The head on those will give way if you are not careful. Also instructions are a little vague. I muddled through it. I need to get more weather striping because there is a huge gap at the bulkhead due to the caps on my truck.

Pictures up when I get my breath...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So overall I'm glad this is the product that I bought. It's not as custom looking as an ARE hard top, but it's very nice for 1/4 of that kind of money.

This was not as easy an installation as I had hoped for. It took a little over an hour, mainly because the directions were so vague.

Getting everything lined up was a chore and not knowing how much space to allow for. Again instructions with real pictures would have been nice. Also be careful with the C-clamps. they are very weak aluminum and you'll torque the head round if you are too rough.

I like the tailgate seal, although I have to give it a good forearm shiver to open and close it.

I made sure there was no daylight, even adding some to the gate itself.

And of course the truck is still just as much fun as it used to be as a fort or helicopter or ship for my girls, it fact, it might have just gotten cooler. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Had mine for a lil over 7 months now and still works great!!!:D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought some extra weather stripping and took the whole thing down and put it back on. Then I went through the automatic car wash. Now this thing is the mother of all high pressure washers. I got water in the bed but not as much as one might think. I think it will work for average use.

And Truckalter that was just dang funny:laughing:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE:
So the Truxport is holding up well. Weather changes affect it greatly. If it's 20 F in the morning and 45 F in the afternoon the top will look sloppy if it was tight in the morning. Or, it will look over-stretched if it was tight first in the warm weather and then got cold.

I'm constantly playing with the tension thingies.

My only complaint so far is that the back corners kinda slip up and keep it from having a clean look.

I saw a Trifecta the other day and it didn't have that problem.

Maybe I've got it too tight...

But for an entry level tonneau I'm not complaining too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts