Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Trying to purchase a 2016 Tacoma

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Riata 
#1 ·
I've owned a Toyota pick up since 1994 and have been with my current dealer since 2003. My family has purchased 4 cars and referrals have purchased a few more. I have a 2006 White Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Long Bed now and wanted the same thing but with the Tech package.

Does anyone know if something changed with the dealers ability to order? My last truck I basically checked off what i wanted and 8-10 weeks later i had it. The dealer has been telling me he keeps trying to order but his request isn't being honored. I can find the truck i want outside of my region but still within 150 miles from my house.

They are under new ownership recently and i want to give them a chance but this sounds strange to me that they can't order the truck i want or get it from another dealer. I asked for explanations but have only received brief answers that they were unable to get it.

I am not in a huge rush so i am happy to wait if this is legit but if i am being worked I'll move on.

#2 ·
They can order it.

Many dealers try to push you into a faster purchase with a higher profit.

I am in SET's area and it takes about 6 weeks to order and get delivery of a Tacoma.

You will love a Tacoma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.