Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While shopping for a new Crewmax I found some pictures of one in Okla that has a "TSS Off Road" graphic on the bed. I"ve never seen mention of a TSS package before, only TRD. Anybody know what the TSS vs. TRD difference is, and TSS vs. stock package is?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Tundra DC 4WD, I have been watching and noticing every Tundra on the road lately (Like you always do when you have one) I saw The TSS decal for the first time myself here in Nashville TN just the other day. First thing I thought was Toyota Super Sport? I don't know but I don't think it is a factory thing. I am one of those guys that has to research and learn as much as I can before I purchase anything, to the point you might say its an obsessive compulsive thing. I have never heard of this until I saw it myself.

Good luck with your hunt for your new Tundra!

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't really answer your question...But I will tell you that as I search for the one I want, the TSS trucks are all over the place here. You can't swing a dead cat in a circle without hitting three TSS Tundras on a dealer lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TSS stands for Toyota Sport Series, the TSS package gives you a lot of bling on the exterior. Mine came with 20" wheels and 285/55/20 BFG tires, tube steps, and a bunch of other options. I asked the dealer what the differences were exactly and we looked up the specs in the book at the dealership and the only thing I remember was the TSS did not come with the Billistine shocks but had everything else plus some.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to go look at a TSS Truck either today or tomorrow...Have to decide between that and a Rock Warrior truck...Other than the wheels (going to be replaced no matter what I buy anyway) and the shocks...The only difference I see is the gear shift lever.

Anyway, let me know if there's something in particular you'd like me to look at :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
One thing to be aware of, the TSS specific pieces of the package are not warrantied by Toyota, so if you take a TSS Tundra out of the Gulf States region and have issues, the local dealers will not warranty those items.

Had a guy in front of me at the local dealer who was complaining that the carbon fiber dash trim had cracked on his TSS Tundra, service manager said it wasn't a Toyota item, they could not get the parts to fix and it would not be covered by Toyota's warranty anyway....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a little old of a thread but thought I would add a few comments. First off if the options are printed on the window sticker then the warranty has to be honored no matter where the truck is. I did not see a carbon interior as an option when I bought my TSS so I suspect that was a dealer add on. If not on the sticker but as an addendum sticker then Toyota is not responsible.

I just traded my TRD for the TSS. The TSS is missing the Bilstein shocks and the "Off road Tuning" I assume and the rock shield for the gas tank. The TRD had front tow hooks and the TSS has the tie downs but no hooks. The ride is a little busier with the tire wheel package but the truck seems to corner a little better. Truck is more level looking to me as well. Though the packages between the TRD and TSS are different, almost all the components are there. I am happy with the new truck. Do make sure and get the SR5 package. Any sort of Texas, Louisiana or Oklahoma package has a lot of the SR5 options but not all of them. If you can not get the SR5 package then I would wait until I you did find one. And at this point I hope you like graphite interior as that is about all that is left.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While shopping for a new Crewmax I found some pictures of one in Okla that has a "TSS Off Road" graphic on the bed. I"ve never seen mention of a TSS package before, only TRD. Anybody know what the TSS vs. TRD difference is, and TSS vs. stock package is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems that apparently the tss is package thing, when truck comes from factory, they package the wheels rims and running boards to mark up the value of the truck. TRD is the same thing as TSS, no difference only in the wheels and rim and after stuff they add on. We bought a tss thinking it wouldn’t be as much as TRD-nah not a difference. Watch’em on pricing-we got a good deal on the lifetime warranty engine, powerterain transmission they offered month of July 2020

1 - 13 of 13 Posts