Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just got my '07 black sand pearl taco and want to add some accs to it... was wondering if anyone could recommend nice tube steps for it, some good quality, and that look nice with the color and also, my truck is not lifted yet, so ones that look nice with the factory height.. (was about to buy DeeZee ones but decided to ask u guys)

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I've had the DeeZees on my truck for almost two years now and I'm very happy with them. The silver powder coat matches my truck nicely - not sure how they would look on a black truck though. I just cleaned it up yesterday and the tube steps look like the day I put them on - not a a single chip or mark on them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the dee zee on my red AC. They are good quality and look good, but they do hang low and take away from the lift look of the truck. My friend just got his 07 DC and he put the running boards on it, his truck is also black. They look fantastic, don't hang low and blends right in with the truck. I'm getting an 07 soon and I've decided to go with the running boards this time instead of the tubes for all those reasons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an '06 Speedway Blue DC. I just put Westin tube steps on it and I think they look pretty good. I went with black since I have the black grill. They don't come down too low, but it's enough to make it easier for my kids to get in and out.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
When I got my truck less than a month ago, I was faced with the same decision and decided to wait and see what else I could find instead of getting the DeeZee tube steps. After looking for a bit (and getting frustrated), I finally just gave up and went back last Friday to pick up the DeeZees. After seeing them up close and personal though, I'm quite happy that I went that route. I think they look very good--especially on the "Black Sand Pearl" Tacoma. I don't have any desire to do any lifting of my truck though so that didn't play into my decision.

Sorry the pictures didn't turn out better. It was a bit too late for my camera when I got home.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
try this site:
Toyota Running Boards - Tacoma
i have the stainless ones with the powdercoated brackets (top row center) and i love them.
Corban,

Can you post a picture of your truck with the running boards on it? Were they a straight bolt on or did you have to do some drilling? I checked the site you referenced and you are right--they do look cool. Thanks

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I got mine from that same site. I went with the 100% stainless Nasta bars with the stainless hardware. Took about 25 minutes to put them on. They went on easy and the kids love them. They look pretty good, too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice, Corban, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts