Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which is better: the Tuff Country or RCD suspension lift for a Toyota Tundra?

Anyone have any complaints about either lift (besides the RCD one taking soooooooo long to be released?!)

Also does anyone know if the Tuff Country and/or RCD lift is ok for both 2wd and 4wd trucks?

Lets hear THE FACTS!!!!.......

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
There's no info yet on the RCD lift. I have one on order and will post once it arrives and I install it. I will also post how the install went and first impressions of the kit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
stevenvta said:
So which is better: the Tuff Country or RCD suspension lift for a Toyota Tundra?

Anyone have any complaints about either lift (besides the RCD one taking soooooooo long to be released?!)

Also does anyone know if the Tuff Country and/or RCD lift is ok for both 2wd and 4wd trucks?

Lets hear THE FACTS!!!!.......

I have the TC lift in addition to Kings and so far no real complaints.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got a question on both of these lifts. Probably more for the TC, but answering for both is fine. Once you do the cutting an install the lift, can you ever go back to stock? If so, how hard will it be? I ask this for selling or trading years down the road. I'm real close to getting my new DC 4x4, and definately want to lift it. I don't do much off-roading, but I live in VT., and we do have a lot of dirt roads. Every time I seem to make my mind up on how I'm going to lift, I seem to read something that makes me change it. I have 2.5 cornfeds now and I am happy with them on the street, but on dirt roads it sounds and feels like the truck is coming apart. I also want to be able to fit 305s with weld stonecrushers 16x8 and 3 5/8 backspacing. I was leaning toward the TW/camburg setup, but I'm also thinking about the TC 4.5" lift. That spindle thing scares me though. By the way, are the tires on the DC that are on the TC site 33s or 35s? Was that ever confimed?

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
jockfro said:
I got a question on both of these lifts. Probably more for the TC, but answering for both is fine. Once you do the cutting an install the lift, can you ever go back to stock? If so, how hard will it be? I ask this for selling or trading years down the road. ?
Cutting your cross member off is required to install either lift. To put them back on, it'll require welding. So, to anser your question, yes you could turn it back to stock but, it'll be a lot more work. It'll be easier to keep the lift on when you sell/trade in the truck.

If you want to be able to turn it back to stock later down the line, go with the LT kits.

stevenvta said:
Neither becasue neither is a suspension lift. They are cradle lifts. Meaning they drop your diff and lower suspension geometry to gain the lift. If you want to gain more travel along with lift, go LT.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
jockfro said:
That spindle thing scares me though. By the way, are the tires on the DC that are on the TC site 33s or 35s? Was that ever confimed?
I read here that the DC on the TC site had 35's. They look too big to be 33's IMO. I also feel that if you go with the TC lift 35's look a whole lot better than 33's.

·
IN IT FOR LIFE
233 Posts
I have the new TC lift with the new spindles and have no complaints what so ever. I'm jumpin this puppy a little bit too and everything is still tight! :tu:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the new TC lift with the new spindles and have no complaints what so ever. I'm jumpin this puppy a little bit too and everything is still tight! :tu:
I’m wanting to put the stuff Country 5 inch spindle lift on mine. What kind of uppers are you running?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts