Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Only the second time I have heard of this happening on a tundra he was under warranty and they gave him a used engine even though they didn't do all the maintanance on his truck. There is a thread on it on tundra talk

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
In order to deny a warranty claim, the manufacturer needs to provide evidence that maintenance was not done, or done improperly. There is no requirement that the maintenance be done at a dealer, or anyone affiliated with the manufacturer of the vehicle.

As far as the OP's engine issue. It's long been out of warranty. Things break, and the best-engineered things are no exception, they just break less often. The End.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No company gives a 100% fault free guarantee. It does suck for the OP to be that guy but we've all been there with something in our lives. I'd say check out this site and find a decent used motor with warranty. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market I know LKQ offers min 6/6k warranty and I thought the engines/transmissions were higher but I can't find the link right now. Good Luck!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ridnlow, Sorry to hear that Toyota or the dealership isn't going to help you with the blown engine. Hopefully the cost of a new motor doesn't sting to bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
08 tundra 195k miles dropped a valve when the valve spring broke. Looked around found alot of people experiencing it. Funny thing, found a tech video for ththe Lexus techs to replace the springs under a recall on the lx570 model which uses the same 3urfe engine. View attachment 151208

21 - 25 of 25 Posts