Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear alot of people calling BS on the low 14 second passes that some 07 Tundras are running. Post your times and proof of the run. Video would be the best proof obviously. For those none Tundra drivers out there... put your money where your mouth is and race an 07 at the strip! Stock for stock, or even if your truck is slightly modded. Lets see what ya got.

EDIT: I don't have my Tundra yet. I cant wait! And will definitely take it to the track. It will be my first truck. I'm a race/sports car owner. And very performance minded. Hence the post.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like guys that post threads like this. You put your times up first. What kind of truck do you run? You put your mouth where your money is first. By the way, I don't race my truck and I don't give a rats behind how fast any truck is. I can throw a brick fast enough that it will fly but it is still a BRICK.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Who cares if a Tundra can run low 14s? It's a truck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Torch, If you just HAVE to know. I'm buying a CrewMax Limited 4x4. While I don't have it yet. I will gladly post my drag times, and vid as soon as I can get it to the strip. If you don't race your truck or care about performance that's definitely your perogative. This thread is obviously not meant for you. But thank you for your positive, and valuable input.

BBfirebird, many people care about that. Mainly performance minded individuals. And thank you for your astute observation. All though I did want to check again but you are correct. It is indeed a truck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't had my Tundra to the track yet but when it gets there I'll be able to produce 1/4 mile slips in the 7.40'[email protected] about 180mph...

Of course the Tundra will be pulling my Trailer as any good Truck should..;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
BBfirebird, many people care about that. Mainly performance minded individuals. And thank you for your astute observation. All though I did want to check again but you are correct. It is indeed a truck.

hahaha, nice one. i guess i was being an ***.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I bought my Tundra because I wanted a sporty, fun to drive pickup. I dont tow, I dont haul anything but Ive always owned, and will always own a truck. I simply prefer the looks over a car, and the bed comes in handy from time to time. Anyone saying "Its a truck, if you wanted performance go get a Viper" can kiss my *** and go take their geritol. Its a new day IMO. Trucks are both tow vehicles and able to run 13s in the 1/4. Its actually a broad horizon as opposed to the narrow line they used to be.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
07Sport, good points. Now go vid that thing smoking a hemi!!!:tu:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bump for this thread! There is a pretty big truck performance crowd out there. I usually post on performancetrucks.net and texastruckscene.com. You guys should check it out!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my Tundra because I wanted a sporty, fun to drive pickup. I dont tow, I dont haul anything but Ive always owned, and will always own a truck. I simply prefer the looks over a car, and the bed comes in handy from time to time. Anyone saying "Its a truck, if you wanted performance go get a Viper" can kiss my *** and go take their geritol. Its a new day IMO. Trucks are both tow vehicles and able to run 13s in the 1/4. Its actually a broad horizon as opposed to the narrow line they used to be.
great post btw. :)

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
some people do care about how fast their pickup is. I know if I owned a reg cab 6ft bed 4x2 5.7 liter Tundra I would trick it out as a Viper killer. Intakes, dual exhaust, headers, chip, injectors stuff like that. Personally I could care how fast my pickup is, but rather how well it will tow my 6k lb trailer up Snoqualmie pass.

I would like to see a truck 1/4 mile. Each trucks hooks up a 10k lb trailer and they both race. First one across the finish line wins. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I dont have any proof, but my truck feels like it can run 11-12 seconds in the 1/4 mile....naawwwww, probably 8-9 seconds...but, thats just by the "seat of my pants" feeling. Honestly, I dont care how fast my truck is (and I respect those that do). But, it is cool to pull up next to any other truck (and alot of cars) and hear them rev their engines thinking that they are sooo much quicker than me. Then, when I am at the next stoplight waiting on them......:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sequoia2003, I wouldn't mind seeing that contest either.

Paul, take it to the strip! What if you do actually have a an extraordinary Tundra? Weirder things have happened. I've seen it happen.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sequoia2003, I wouldn't mind seeing that contest either.

Paul, take it to the strip! What if you do actually have a an extraordinary Tundra? Weirder things have happened. I've seen it happen.
Well, mine is bone stock other than the TRD dual exhaust and TRD drop in filter. So, I may have gained an additional 5-10 hp.....what do you think??

·
Registered
440 Posts
is there going to be a chip or programmer for the 5.7 in the near future, am interested in n/aspirated mods...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
07Sport, good points. Now go vid that thing smoking a hemi!!!:tu:
Haha yeah right..in your dreams....that would never happen!..haha ;) J/K don't jump all over me. I actually raced a crewmax 5.7 last night from the light. I did beat him but my truck is modded so it wasn't really fair. It sounded nice and then i realized it was the same crewmax i just test drove again and one f the salesman was trying to race me when i left. Its def a bad *** truck though and i will hopefully have mine next week. Oh and for the 1/4 mile times...if you want to go really fast...buy an SRT-10 ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sand, I'm sure there are a couple of companies working on that. But I have no info on it. My guess is sooner than later. But that may just be wishful thinking.

I'm interested in seeing video of stock times in 1/4 for each config (Reg, DC, and CM).

·
Registered
621 Posts
Torch, If you just HAVE to know. I'm buying a CrewMax Limited 4x4. While I don't have it yet. I will gladly post my drag times, and vid as soon as I can get it to the strip. If you don't race your truck or care about performance that's definitely your perogative. This thread is obviously not meant for you. But thank you for your positive, and valuable input.

You know serg it is hard to tell from reading type if someone is tool or not. This morning I read your post and it sounded like a kid talking smack but after reading more I see you are probably for real. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought you were a troll at first trying to stir the pot. Anyway, after having a beer this evening I can see a lot better.:D Actually I like fast cars. :tu: :tu: You are going to like the new truck when you get it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Torch, no prob. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. And after reading that. I think you may be "for real" to! Just kidding. Now go race your truck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i was thinking about bringing the truck to the tracks later this year for you guys and for me just to see. well...i think i can get into the mid-high 15s. I've pulled Integras and have beaten a Sentra Spec-V like 4 times because the driver in the Spec-V shifts like ****.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts